The Student Room Group

Can we change courses?

I have already got offers and accepted my place in university for a certain course but I was wondering if you are able to change courses on results day. Would you have to go through clearing to do this?
Original post by megphill
I have already got offers and accepted my place in university for a certain course but I was wondering if you are able to change courses on results day. Would you have to go through clearing to do this?

Hey @megphill

If you've already got a firm choice and you meet their conditional offer then that is your final choice. You would need to reject the offer and then apply from scratch through clearing which is risky. You can't just pick one of your other choices either, you'll effectively be rejecting all your offers and then have to go through clearing to find something new.

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 2
If you just want to change courses at that Uni, email them and ask.
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey @megphill

If you've already got a firm choice and you meet their conditional offer then that is your final choice. You would need to reject the offer and then apply from scratch through clearing which is risky. You can't just pick one of your other choices either, you'll effectively be rejecting all your offers and then have to go through clearing to find something new.

Best wishes

Please don't offer advice if you're not sure of your answer.

There's absolutely no need for an applicant to decline their place and use clearing to switch to a different course at their firm choice - they just have to ask their firm university and the university can switch it over.

OP - the sooner you ask the more likely a university will be able to switch your course. Don't wait for results day - ask them now.
Reply 4

Hi there

Which course did you apply for?

tnx
Reply 5
I’ve been accepted into midwifery but i’m thinking about child nursing
Reply 6
Original post by PQ

There's absolutely no need for an applicant to decline their place and use clearing to switch to a different course at their firm choice - they just have to ask their firm university and the university can switch it over.

OP - the sooner you ask the more likely a university will be able to switch your course. Don't wait for results day - ask them now.

thank you!
I’ve been accepted into midwifery but i’m thinking about child nursing

Definitely ask sooner rather than later then - they might want to interview you!
Original post by PQ

Hey @PQ

You're right, I misunderstood what OP was asking. If you stick with your firm choice uni there is flexibility there to transition to a different course depending on that course's requirements. I was thinking along the lines of if they wanted to pick one of their back up UCAS choices, say for another course at a different uni 🙃

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending