The Student Room Group

Course change before start of the term

Hi all,

Just wanted to gather some information regarding a change of course. Basically, when I applied for university and student finance, I enrolled with a 3 years without foundation course, then the university said that the course will not be available due too not enough students in the class room and they cancelled the course, now they changed me to 4 years course but same topic, but on my student finance application is still the 3 years course undergraduate. What do I have to do? It’s the same university, same subject but the only difference is that on student finance is 3 years and actually they moved me on 4 years with foundation. The university said that they will sent the information of change but I can’t see any change. Any advice would be great!

Many thanks
Original post by Sana R
Hi all,

Just wanted to gather some information regarding a change of course. Basically, when I applied for university and student finance, I enrolled with a 3 years without foundation course, then the university said that the course will not be available due too not enough students in the class room and they cancelled the course, now they changed me to 4 years course but same topic, but on my student finance application is still the 3 years course undergraduate. What do I have to do? It’s the same university, same subject but the only difference is that on student finance is 3 years and actually they moved me on 4 years with foundation. The university said that they will sent the information of change but I can’t see any change. Any advice would be great!

Many thanks

Hi there,

We require the university to send a change of circumstances to us to confirm the change. Once updated, this will show online and you will be sent new paperwork in the post to confirm it.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

We require the university to send a change of circumstances to us to confirm the change. Once updated, this will show online and you will be sent new paperwork in the post to confirm it.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,

Thank you so much for the information. They said that they sent an CO1 form to student finance, but it doesn’t show the change on my account. They said that the change was sent on the 8th of December. How long does it take to have the application updated? Also if I receive childcare grant would this still stand if I changed the course? Childcare grant once approved would there be changed if the course is in different days when my baby will be in nursery? The thing is I hardly found a nursery on short notice and made arrangements, then the course now is changed but I organised childcare in the meantime when my baby will receive different days for nursery.

Many thanks
Original post by Sana R
Hi Claire,

Thank you so much for the information. They said that they sent an CO1 form to student finance, but it doesn’t show the change on my account. They said that the change was sent on the 8th of December. How long does it take to have the application updated? Also if I receive childcare grant would this still stand if I changed the course? Childcare grant once approved would there be changed if the course is in different days when my baby will be in nursery? The thing is I hardly found a nursery on short notice and made arrangements, then the course now is changed but I organised childcare in the meantime when my baby will receive different days for nursery.

Many thanks

Hi there,

We would need them to electronically send this over to update your course. Once we receive this it can take 10 working days as an estimated timescale to process.

Yes. you would still be entitled to the childcare. The childcare provider can amend the dates via the Child Care Grant Payment website if the amounts are different. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

We would need them to electronically send this over to update your course. Once we receive this it can take 10 working days as an estimated timescale to process.

Yes. you would still be entitled to the childcare. The childcare provider can amend the dates via the Child Care Grant Payment website if the amounts are different. Thanks, Jason

Thanks ever so much. That’s is great to hear.

Kind regards
Original post by Sana R
Thanks ever so much. That’s is great to hear.

Kind regards

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending