The Student Room Group

grade boundaries

i’ve seen posts that the grade boundaries are most likely going to be like the 2019 grade boundaries this year, and i fr think that’s so unfair since we were in like y11/10 in lockdown, and during alevels there were many things teachers would say “oh u learnt this in gcse should be easy ectect” but we haven’t 💀 i feel like it’s slightly unfair for our year to just go straight to normal exam boundaries like that, from what i understand they’ll be harder then 2022/2021 papers and go back to 2019 boundaries ?

ik they alter the boundaries depending on how well everyone does but the statistics are crazy, apparently in 2019 only 2,700 got 3As and above but in 2022 its like 8,000

just curious as to if anyone knows anything else or if i misunderstood anything
Reply 1
It does also depend on the overall performance of the country as you mentioned, but I think they are trying to revert back to pre COVID standards and normalise everything again. There is this petition going round asking to take what you mentioned into consideration- not sure how effective it'll end up being but I guess it is worth a shot

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/631743

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending