The Student Room Group

grade boundaries

is there any correlation between alevel grade boundaries to GCSE? ive been worrying that the boundaries will be messed up the same way Alevels one were
i heard the grade boundries are higher for GCSE just like it was for A level. I heard that pupils may be getting lower than previous years.
DW everything will be alright.
Reply 2
Original post by Shannon2828
i heard the grade boundries are higher for GCSE just like it was for A level. I heard that pupils may be getting lower than previous years.

Fair enough, its just stressful. Hopefully i did good
Original post by r00666j
is there any correlation between alevel grade boundaries to GCSE? ive been worrying that the boundaries will be messed up the same way Alevels one were

Not all subjects were up in A level compared to 2019...no one can really tell you what the GCSE grade boundaries will look like, but I can tell you that a) there won't be a great deal of correlation with the A level ones, they are set based on percentages of people achieving each grade and how difficult the paper was and b)Similar proportions of people will achieve each grade in a given subject to 2019. This means while in 2019 the boundary for a 6 may be 200 marks, but if on average people did better at the paper the grade boundary may be 220 this year, or if on average people did worse then the boundary could be 180 (example numbers only). This means if you perform at the same percentile (i.e. you do better than the same x%) then you will get the same grade so don't worry too much about grade boundaries for now :hugs:
Get some sleep and good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by Shannon2828

That's not how it works...
Reply 4
Original post by Lemur14
Not all subjects were up in A level compared to 2019...no one can really tell you what the GCSE grade boundaries will look like, but I can tell you that a) there won't be a great deal of correlation with the A level ones, they are set based on percentages of people achieving each grade and how difficult the paper was and b)Similar proportions of people will achieve each grade in a given subject to 2019. This means while in 2019 the boundary for a 6 may be 200 marks, but if on average people did better at the paper the grade boundary may be 220 this year, or if on average people did worse then the boundary could be 180 (example numbers only). This means if you perform at the same percentile (i.e. you do better than the same x%) then you will get the same grade so don't worry too much about grade boundaries for now :hugs:
Get some sleep and good luck for tomorrow!

That's not how it works...

Thank you so much! really do appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest