The Student Room Group

Medicine with 3 year A levels

I applied to a distance learning college in 2021 whilst in hospital.
The extenuating circumstance was that my mental health declined and I was hospitalised for 4 years.
Also this year my exam centre got done for malpractice so everyone failed there practical exams.
I have a choice to defer the exams to next year.
Will I have a chance?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Please help
Original post by Mad Man
I applied to a distance learning college in 2021 whilst in hospital.
The extenuating circumstance was that my mental health declined and I was hospitalised for 4 years.
Also this year my exam centre got done for malpractice so everyone failed there practical exams.
I have a choice to defer the exams to next year.
Will I have a chance?

I am really sorry to hear this. I don’t have a view of what all the medical schools think, but every applications policy that I have read on individual med school pages have clearly defined extenuating circumstances policies and how they handle those specific processes.

I think you would be best placed to review the application policies for 2023 and for 2024 when available and see what they say. Then email the ones you are interested in applying to find out and get the answer in writing.

Several seemed to imply that they would want to consider the extenuating circumstances in advance of application, and others give the opportunity to do it afterwards. Unfortunately they all seem to differ so just a matter of reviewing them all. Once you have reviewed them then start contacting them. It will help refine them if you target those that might work with your UCAT score so a possible incentive to do it early.

I hope that things pick up for you and that you get some positive responses.

Should add I am not an expert in any of this. If one comes along then listen to them first…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending