The Student Room Group

Is a cancer scare an acceptable extenuating circumstance?

I found two tumours during the Easter break, leading up to exam season. They were both found to be benign, but will require surgery because of their large size. This situation was stressful for me and in between finding them, getting scans and being told I would need surgery for them, my ability to study at a critical time was compromised. Would it be acceptable to submit an extenuating circumstance form about this situation?
Reply 1
I would say so. The worst that can happen is they say no
Reply 2
Definitely as long as you can provide supporting evidence such as appointment letters and/or test results.
Original post by Anonymous
I found two tumours during the Easter break, leading up to exam season. They were both found to be benign, but will require surgery because of their large size. This situation was stressful for me and in between finding them, getting scans and being told I would need surgery for them, my ability to study at a critical time was compromised. Would it be acceptable to submit an extenuating circumstance form about this situation?

Hi @Anonymous This is defiantly an acceptable reason for Extenuating Circumstances as it come under health. This was a stressful situation, which I can only imagine how you were feeling. I hope you are feeling better now but make sure you seek support from your University and explain the situation in person to your tutors is also an option. Hope this helps!

Gurpej Kaur(Student Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending