The Student Room Group

Repeating Y12 - Medicine & Oxbridge

hello everyone,

i am currently in year 12. i was previously in y12 last year at a private school, however, due to the education at the school being poor, i was unable to achieve high enough predicted grades for medicine. i then made the decision to move to a public school and restart y12. my predicted grades now are currently A*A*A*. i am planning on applying to cambridge, imperial, cup and brighton.

will they take my application into consideration despite me having to complete a levels over 3 academic years? this will be my first sitting for alevels.
Reply 1
Original post by zarasmiakhan
hello everyone,

i am currently in year 12. i was previously in y12 last year at a private school, however, due to the education at the school being poor, i was unable to achieve high enough predicted grades for medicine. i then made the decision to move to a public school and restart y12. my predicted grades now are currently A*A*A*. i am planning on applying to cambridge, imperial, cup and brighton.

will they take my application into consideration despite me having to complete a levels over 3 academic years? this will be my first sitting for alevels.

Cambridge and Imperial will not accept A levels done over 3 years without extenuating circumstances. Who are cup? If UCL, they also require extenuating circumstances. Poor teaching would not usually be considered an acceptable reason for most med schools
BSMS should be ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending