The Student Room Group

Dentistry and Medicine issue

I had many extenuating circumstances affecting my A level exams this summer and ended up with the really bad grades of A in Psychology, B in Biology and C in Chemistry. My UCAT this year was 2660 B2 and my GCSEs are 877666666, and my predicted grades for this year are AAA.
I have to resit Biology and Chemistry so was wondering what medical and dental unis accept resits? Thanks
Original post by lea.12345
I had many extenuating circumstances affecting my A level exams this summer and ended up with the really bad grades of A in Psychology, B in Biology and C in Chemistry. My UCAT this year was 2660 B2 and my GCSEs are 877666666, and my predicted grades for this year are AAA.
I have to resit Biology and Chemistry so was wondering what medical and dental unis accept resits? Thanks

The first question is, do you want to study medicine or dentistry? They're quite different careers so that's where you need to start!
Reply 2
Original post by bea_murray0
The first question is, do you want to study medicine or dentistry? They're quite different careers so that's where you need to start!

I’d rather study Dentistry, although I find med just as fascinating and I’ve done work experience for both. I’d be happy with doing either as a career. The problem is, with my stats I don’t think I have enough options for dentistry. Although, I qualify for Newcastle’s PARTNERS scheme.
I’d rather study Dentistry, although I find med just as fascinating and I’ve done work experience for both. I’d be happy with doing either as a career. The problem is, with my stats I don’t think I have enough options for dentistry. Although, I qualify for Newcastle’s PARTNERS scheme.

Medicine is my area, so I'm not very familiar with the dentistry threads and if there's an equivalent, but here is a list of medical schools that accept retakes: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6649138
Do bear in mind things may differ with your contextual factors. You could also email unis, and explain your extenuating circumstances, to ask if they will consider your application.
Reply 4
Thanks
Yes I’ve emailed Aston for Med, Newcastle Bristol Plymouth and Birmingham for dent.
I think I may qualify for some widening access schemes but right now my issue is which unis accept resits and which don’t , bc most require ABB or AAB in the first sitting and my issue is I got ABC :frown:
Bristol will accept resits for both.
Hello, im just wondering if you made it into any schools?

Quick Reply

Latest