The Student Room Group

how to revise for gcses (especially science)

i’m currently in y10 and have the motivation to revise but I literally don’t know how. what is an effective way to revise? do i write notes from my cgp textbook? do i watch videos? do i write flashcards? 😭 if anyone knows please lmk thank youu
Original post by vivvie
i’m currently in y10 and have the motivation to revise but I literally don’t know how. what is an effective way to revise? do i write notes from my cgp textbook? do i watch videos? do i write flashcards? 😭 if anyone knows please lmk thank youu

It's honestly a matter of finding what works best for you, but most people recommend flash cards and the smartest people in my year tend to use them because active recall is great when revising!
Reply 2
Also past papers are really helpful after you’re confident with the content but I agree with scar-the-queen, active recall is very helpful in terms of learning the content. In my opinion, making notes is not a great use of time when you have the notes from lessons so I encourage using those however some people do prefer to make notes but since you are only in year 10, I suggest you experiment and find out what works best for you!

Original post by vivvie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending