The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Higher tier Mathematics A Paper 1 1H (4MA1) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What people get for the indices question where you had to write everything as powers of 2 and then find what n was
Reply 41
Original post by sk41
what did people put for the composite functions one

I got x = 2 (there was also a -2 but it wasn’t valid because of the domain)
Reply 42
Original post by sk41

I got x=2 and x=-2 but the question said that x is grater or equal to 0 so -2 was not a answer.
Reply 43
Original post by sk41

i cant even remember the question LOL i just substituded h(x) into g(x) and expanded and did all the simplifying
Think n was -5/2

Original post by Dakkaya
What people get for the indices question where you had to write everything as powers of 2 and then find what n was
Reply 45
Original post by themonke
For vectors I got 6:5
For the sequence 6 marker I got X = 57
For the pentagon one I got r = 3.45cm
For the frustum I got 5090cm²
Did anyone else get the same answers?

we got the same nice
Reply 46
Original post by Dakkaya

n = -2.5
32 goals for question 1
Around 2160 minutes for q2
33.6cm for the perimeter of the shape
x = 2 for the composite function q
n = -2.5 for the indices question
Around 62.3% for the percentage profit

what was question 2? I’m really stressing I missed out a page I didn’t see one with minutes????!!!
Reply 48
32 goals for question 1
Around 2160 minutes for q2
33.6cm for the perimeter of the shape
x = 2 for the composite function q
n = -2.5 for the indices question
Around 62.3% for the percentage profit

broo u forgot to divide question 2 by the frequency LOL it was 17 minutes after division
Reply 49
Original post by badatfrench00
what was question 2? I’m really stressing I missed out a page I didn’t see one with minutes????!!!

just a 3 or 4 marker ab frequency and stuff
Reply 50
Original post by ruffianss
guys I missed out several questions and I dont think I got more than 20-15 marks am I going to fail or can I bring it back on the second paper?

If you actually got 15 or 20, both should be enough to pass with a 4.
Original post by fsd129387
just a 3 or 4 marker ab frequency and stuff

Ahh did that question just didn’t recognise as op said answer as minutes so for confused. It was 3 marks
Reply 52

i got the same
Reply 53
broo u forgot to divide question 2 by the frequency LOL it was 17 minutes after division

Lol I swear the question said *total* minutes not an estimate for the mean hence I didn’t divide
also the mean questions are usually out of 4 marks so when I saw 3 I knew a step would be missing.
I think the smaller square had side lengths of 13cm so the area was 169cm²

Hi guys. Let's remember together what topics there were. And hopefully they won't be in Paper 2
Hi guys. Let's remember together what topics there were. And hopefully they won't be in Paper 2
Hi guys. Let's remember together what topics there were. And hopefully they won't be in Paper 2^

Sequence, pentagon, vectors,frustum, area of trapezium, percentage profit, indices question, composite functions, arithmetic sum, frequency/ What else?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Renata912755

Ok bro 😭
Reply 58
Lol I swear the question said *total* minutes not an estimate for the mean hence I didn’t divide
also the mean questions are usually out of 4 marks so when I saw 3 I knew a step would be missing.

so to conclude i didnt read the question
Reply 59
so to conclude i didnt read the question

Ye but if you had 2160 in your working and all you did after was divide by total frequency you should get 2 marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending