The Student Room Group

Lecturer says files are corrupt but I can still open them

I received feedback for some coursework recently which said that the lecturer couldn't open the file as doing so gave them an error. But, when I re-downloaded the file from the University's dropbox and opened it, it opens fine without any errors. I even tried on a few different computers, still no error. The file in question is an INO file (plaintext, source code) and could even be opened with a plaintext editor like notepad or even cat on UNIX, but they are refusing to budge on this. I looked around forums and found stories of people submitting corrupt coursework (both intentionally and unintentionally), but never coursework where they could open it but the uni couldn't. I suspect it may have become corrupted when the lecturer downloaded it, or they are trying to open it within a ZIP and it's asking them to extract before opening or something. Not sure what to do and any advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1
.INO is the extension used for arduino IDE so I'm assuming that's where the file's come from

If it's a technical type course the lecturers should be pretty resourceful about opening files, make sure you wrote it with the correct version of the IDE and you're complying with the submission instructions fully.

where are you currently - if it's assignment feedback have they asked you to try uploading again or are they saying they've finished marking and it's too late for you to do anything about it?

if it's not too late you could try copy 'n pasting it into a new project or even notepad and sending it as a TXT file

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending