The Student Room Group

Cyberstart Intern Level 3 Challenge 2

Any help appreciated. Inspecting the webpage and am stuck with how to bypass the lock.
If this is the dice challenge, just keep refreshing the page until the flag shows up. If you could help me with the corrupt file one I would greatly appreciate it. I can for the life of me figure out how to open it.
Reply 2
Original post by Howling44
If this is the dice challenge, just keep refreshing the page until the flag shows up. If you could help me with the corrupt file one I would greatly appreciate it. I can for the life of me figure out how to open it.

No, the Intern Base Level 3 Challenge 2 is the "Maths at Light Speed" challenge where you're suposed to do a simple math calculation in 0.3 seconds.

You click "Spin" and you're given 2 sets of numbers. Then you're supposed to either add or subtract those number, enter the answer, then click "Submit".

Unfortunately, 0.3 seconds isn't enough time - so I assume you're supposed to figure out a way to interrupt the timer or bypass the "lock".

I've tried inspecting the webpage code and I can see what's going on after I click "Spin". I can see some variables change, but don't know what I need to do to bypass the timer or the lock.

InternBaseL03C02.JPG
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by usafa92
No, the Intern Base Level 3 Challenge 2 is the "Maths at Light Speed" challenge where you're suposed to do a simple math calculation in 0.3 seconds.

You click "Spin" and you're given 2 sets of numbers. Then you're supposed to either add or subtract those number, enter the answer, then click "Submit".

Unfortunately, 0.3 seconds isn't enough time - so I assume you're supposed to figure out a way to interrupt the timer or bypass the "lock".

I've tried inspecting the webpage code and I can see what's going on after I click "Spin". I can see some variables change, but don't know what I need to do to bypass the timer or the lock.

InternBaseL03C02.JPG

inspect the page and have it open at the bottom of your screen. Watch it as you click spin for answer to see what changes. I can't figure out what to change, but that might help you.
Reply 4
Original post by Howling44
inspect the page and have it open at the bottom of your screen. Watch it as you click spin for answer to see what changes. I can't figure out what to change, but that might help you.

I figured it out.

The below line of code changes after you spin:
Code you first spin BEFORE: <form class="form" action="/flashfast/answer" id="calc-form">
Code after AFTER :<form class="form" action= id="calc-form">

You have to edit it back to it's first state (/flashfast/answer) in order to enter the correct sum and click submit.
I been at it for a day and still nothing. I tried inputing
Original post by usafa92
I figured it out.

Code you first spin BEFORE: <form class="form" action="/flashfast/answer" id="calc-form">

You have to edit it back to it's first state (/flashfast/answer) in order to enter the correct sum and click submit.

Holy **** this helped a lot! I was about to waste points on a hint but then this gave me the motivation to keep going once I read "the below line of code changes after you spin"
Original post by usafa92
I figured it out.

Could you be more clear please as in where do you put the code of if you can a step by step guide.
The third line underneath the group of numbers that change when spinning is ( <form class="form" action="/flashfast/answer" id="calc-form"> ).
When it stops spinning and says "locked! Out of time." The line ( <form class="form" action="/flashfast/answer" id="calc-form"> ) will have changed to
( <form class="form" action id="calc-form"> ).
you have to add ( ="/flashfast/answer" ) after "action". It will look the same as before( meaning: "locked! Out of time." will still be there) but if you do the equation and put in the answer then submit it. It will give you the flag.
Original post by usafa92
Any help appreciated. Inspecting the webpage and am stuck with how to bypass the lock.

how to bypass the lock
Original post by usafa92

how to bypass the lock

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending