The Student Room Group

Aldi Rectruitment

There's an Aldi opening nearby and I'm not very confident I'll actually get the job as I literally have no experience. My friend applied and didn't get an email back but I did telling me they would tell me when they have a job that "suits my requirements" is this a good thing or do they send that to everyone and my friend just missed her email from them. On the recruitment portal it says "We're keeping your application on file until a suitable position is available." but I've got a feeling that's what it says for everyone. Thanks in advance
Original post by joshghandi
There's an Aldi opening nearby and I'm not very confident I'll actually get the job as I literally have no experience. My friend applied and didn't get an email back but I did telling me they would tell me when they have a job that "suits my requirements" is this a good thing or do they send that to everyone and my friend just missed her email from them. On the recruitment portal it says "We're keeping your application on file until a suitable position is available." but I've got a feeling that's what it says for everyone. Thanks in advance

In general I would say with this kind of reply, something might come of it, and something might not, so look elsewhere rather than banking on them getting back to you! Some companies use this genuinely, and will ask previous candidates to apply for roles that come up if they seem well suited, whilst others use it as a placeholder for anyone they are turning down for a role. It's possible it's the former, if your friend didn't get the same message.

Tl;Dr: They might mean it, but keep looking elsewhere anyway, as it's not clear how long it would take them to get back to you if they did!
Reply 2
Thanks! Yeah im applying to everywhere i can but aldi would be nice as its 9-10 quid an hour :wink:
I know this is old but I've got the same message on the portal. Did you end up getting a job at aldi short or long time after?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Scotcher1985
I know this is old but I've got the same message on the portal. Did you end up getting a job at aldi short or long time after?

Hi, I got the same message yesterday.
Can you please let me know if you got any feedback after that?
Original post by mistrcrunchy

I’ve had the same message this week have you got any updates yet? please be the first one to answer this question’s chain😂😂
Original post by _luis.35_
I’ve had the same message this week have you got any updates yet? please be the first one to answer this question’s chain😂😂

No response, asked them twice they sent me the same email again and again…
Reply 7

I've noticed on here and other blogs that other people have received the same message from them stating that their details and information will be kept on file. I participated in an interview and was luckily successful, so I then attended my experience-day, which I also completed, so I'm wondering if they just keep people on file in case someone drops out or a role becomes obtainable. It has taken me a long time to get this far, and I still have no idea if I will get a job with them or not. I'm not sure if it's going to answer your question, but it sounds like we have experienced the same problem, which is why I thought I'd share my experience with you.
Original post by mistrcrunchy

Sorry just seen this. I didn't get the job 😔
Original post by Scotcher1985

I didn’t get the job after receiving the portal message so i would advise you to apply for other places to be on the safe side.
Original post by _a.userr
I didn’t get the job after receiving the portal message so i would advise you to apply for other places to be on the safe side.

I have received an email for individual assessment after submitting the online interview video. The video had three questions and each question had one minute to answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending