The Student Room Group

The Official Cambridge Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
Hi all. I received a conditional offer for mphil course. The condition said “You must graduate from your Bachelor degree (Honours) with a final GPA of at least 3.7/4 or 3.7/4.3”. Does it mean the overall GPA for the undergraduate study or final year GPA?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by zlq
Hi all. I received a conditional offer for mphil course. The condition said “You must graduate from your Bachelor degree (Honours) with a final GPA of at least 3.7/4 or 3.7/4.3”. Does it mean the overall GPA for the undergraduate study or final year GPA?
If UK student it means a first class honours in your degree final grade.If from elsewhere hope this helps https://www.findamasters.com/guides/gpa-grade-point-average
You would do better to post this in Postgrad applicants thread for more precise answers.
Original post by DataVenia
A decent chunk of those 118 applicants will have been influenced, as you were, by last year's stats. Which is one of the reasons the general rule is not to apply to a college based upon those stats.
good point!
( the choice of which Cambridge college to apply to is harder to make though for applicants in the sense that Oxford pool all applicants pre interview, so they distribute them fairly across their colleges before minds are more or less made up by interview-
it matters less if you apply to a very popular college in any given year
whereas Cambridge pool a selected few after interview - circa 40%? - post interview )
…so I do understand why some people leave it to chance and just make an open application
Hi Law Applicants & Offer holders,

I made a form for us to enter all law decisions across universities this year (2023-2024)
Here's the link:https://forms.gle/BFRACrPsm4zE9KJh9

Link to responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cAJyHUxO8UxjUn3e7uDVq2DMN1ZV8Rih5kNAmCtlZdo/edit?usp=sharing

Please do make the time to fill out the form to help those who are still waiting and those who will be applying next year. Good luck with your upcoming exams!
Anyone applied to Jardine postgrad scholarship?
Original post by Anonymous
the feedback policy was in the aaf. im gna request feedback in a couple months like the aaif said. they said to make a note of it bc they werent gna send it again so i just took a screenshot

Would it be possible to send the screenshot or give more details of how you request and when you're supposed to??
Does anybody know when Cambridge are releasing their decisions for the March 2024 applications for mature students? Given that there are 12 applicants of an excellent calibre per place for the course I applied for, I am not expecting an offer but I would be lying if I said i was not curious and hopeful!!
Does anybody know when Cambridge are releasing their decisions for the March 2024 applications for mature students? Given that there are 12 applicants of an excellent calibre per place for the course I applied for, I am not expecting an offer but I would be lying if I said i was not curious and hopeful!!

12 applicants per place in the march round across colleges or just your college? or is it a general figure for the whole 2024 entry applications?
12 applicants per place in the march round across colleges or just your college? or is it a general figure for the whole 2024 entry applications?

Across colleges. I read that for my course there are generally 12 applicants per place. I applied to a mature college if that’s helpful
Across colleges. I read that for my course there are generally 12 applicants per place. I applied to a mature college if that’s helpful

which mature college did you apply for? i have an offer from wolfson for 2025, love seeing other mature applicants!😁
Original post by kaxxxxc2
which mature college did you apply for? i have an offer from wolfson for 2025, love seeing other mature applicants!😁

Also Wolfson! And well done to you! When did you apply?
Also Wolfson! And well done to you! When did you apply?

omg that’s so good to hear! i have spoken to a few offer holders and applicants from the other mature colleges but none from Wolfson. and thanks so much! i applied back in october 2023. i originally applied for 2024 entry for Clare but Wolfson offered me deferred entry for 2025 because i turn 21 next year.
omg that’s so good to hear! i have spoken to a few offer holders and applicants from the other mature colleges but none from Wolfson. and thanks so much! i applied back in october 2023. i originally applied for 2024 entry for Clare but Wolfson offered me deferred entry for 2025 because i turn 21 next year.

Well I will let you know if I get that offer, whilst it is relatively unlikely ! 😉 Yes I had a good feeling about Wolfson. It is good that you get the year to save/go travelling too. Enjoy it as much as you can!
Original post by Arhaz
Well I will let you know if I get that offer, whilst it is relatively unlikely ! 😉 Yes I had a good feeling about Wolfson. It is good that you get the year to save/go travelling too. Enjoy it as much as you can!

ofc, please do let me know! and have more faith in yourself, i was sure there was no way they would let me in, but that was far from true. still wondering if it was an admin error🫢 wishing you massive luck💗

me too! I got into St Edmunds for Land economy for year entry 2025 as i turn 21 next year
Original post by samyukta1006
me too! I got into St Edmunds for Land economy for year entry 2025 as i turn 21 next year

omg brill! i just messaged you☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending