The Student Room Group

A level subjects

Hi, I'm currently doing A level Biology, Geography, Politics and Maths at a separate tuition centre. I do not know what to do as I'm one year down already, awaiting my result for my end of years as I need a C to pass to the next year. I fear that doing 4 A levels will be hard for me. Can I cope with 4 A levels? What should I do?
Original post by TheBoy123
Hi, I'm currently doing A level Biology, Geography, Politics and Maths at a separate tuition centre. I do not know what to do as I'm one year down already, awaiting my result for my end of years as I need a C to pass to the next year. I fear that doing 4 A levels will be hard for me. Can I cope with 4 A levels? What should I do?

Hi there!

Wow, those sound like some very exciting A level subjects! They seem to be well matched, but also have good coverage to a lot of career paths in the future. Unfortunately, only you know if you can cope with 4 A levels. Perhaps think about how well you did with your GCSEs in terms of managing your time and the amount of revision you did. When doing my A levels, I remember being given a personal tutor who I could go to and speak about any personal matters I had, such as if I was struggling with the workload and needed reassurance. While I cannot say that you will be given this same treatment, perhaps look into this and see what your college offers. I would be surprised if they did not offer support to students especially if they have chosen to study 4 subjects. You may want to begin the year with all 4 subjects and see how well you manage your time (including having periods of rest and personal time) and then decide from there. You may enjoy the productivity and excitement of all those subjects, and enjoy each of them equally, which would be brilliant. It is always an option to drop one of those subjects depending on how you feel, and you should not have to feel guilty for that. It would be important for you to make the most of your time, and timetable in moments of rest and revision so that you feel prepared and ready for each lesson/exam.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you make the decision that is right for you.
Rachel
York St John Uni Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest