The Student Room Group

i feel down why would my mum say this

i have anxiety, dyslexia, autism and adhd and i was talking to my mum about being a nurse and she thinks i won’t be able to do it because im not good with instructions.
she says she doesn’t know whag career would suit me and i feel hopeless. she says it’s crap pay and long hours.
i need a goal to look forward to.
would i be a crap nurse?
Reply 1
Honestly, yes she’s right. As someone with these things but dyspraxia instead of dyslexia, the fast-paced, shift work based career is wrong for us.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly, yes she’s right. As someone with these things but dyspraxia instead of dyslexia, the fast-paced, shift work based career is wrong for us.

oh :frown: idk what to do then i feel hopeless and idk what to do career wise
i have anxiety, dyslexia, autism and adhd and i was talking to my mum about being a nurse and she thinks i won’t be able to do it because im not good with instructions.
she says she doesn’t know whag career would suit me and i feel hopeless. she says it’s crap pay and long hours.
i need a goal to look forward to.
would i be a crap nurse?

Both my aunt and uncle work in medicine, and they say that the field is soo wide, that there is jobs for every type of person, so maybe do some research to find out about different nursing specialities, or also think about maybe trying to be a doctor. I'm sure you wouldn't be a crap nurse, you just need to find the right job.
Reply 4
Original post by minwom28818
Both my aunt and uncle work in medicine, and they say that the field is soo wide, that there is jobs for every type of person, so maybe do some research to find out about different nursing specialities, or also think about maybe trying to be a doctor. I'm sure you wouldn't be a crap nurse, you just need to find the right job.

i dont have good gcse grades to be a doctor sadly as i was severely depressed etc and now im studying a-levels as a private candidate and i have got so much better and im very happy that ive been able to study and change into a better person and do not study any science based subjects sadly. so i can only become a nurse and i want to help others and i would like to work in the womens health sector because i also suffer with problems like pcos and endometriosis which pcos has severely affected my body image and self esteem so i would like to help women out there but i dont think i can be a nurse in that sector can i? i also wouldnt mind being a mental health nurse helping people with depression, mood disorders and anxiety. im not so sure what there is but i will look into it and hope that i am able to get a career as im 19 soon and i feel embarrassed as i dont have a career yet
i dont have good gcse grades to be a doctor sadly as i was severely depressed etc and now im studying a-levels as a private candidate and i have got so much better and im very happy that ive been able to study and change into a better person and do not study any science based subjects sadly. so i can only become a nurse and i want to help others and i would like to work in the womens health sector because i also suffer with problems like pcos and endometriosis which pcos has severely affected my body image and self esteem so i would like to help women out there but i dont think i can be a nurse in that sector can i? i also wouldnt mind being a mental health nurse helping people with depression, mood disorders and anxiety. im not so sure what there is but i will look into it and hope that i am able to get a career as im 19 soon and i feel embarrassed as i dont have a career yet

I'm not sure about specific sectors, would definitely be worth some googling, but from what it sounds like you would be very good in what you want to do since you seem genuine and compassionate. Good luck for the future, and don't worry about not getting a job yet, you've got plenty of time and are definitely not the only one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending