The Student Room Group

Should I continue doing tuition during my exam period?

Hi,
I'm in year 11 and GCSEs are approaching swiftly. I have been doing maths, physics and chemistry tuition for about two years. My mum said that she would stop my tuition during my exam period. However, my tutor insists on still coming to teach me and my mum gave in and agreed with him.

He gives me too much work to do and I would like to focus on other subjects that I am actually going to be doing next year (Biology, Chemistry and Spanish). I have made a detailed plan for the next two months and I would like to stick with it but the copious amount of homework he sets me will interfere with my plan.

How do I convince my mum and tutor to just leave me alone so that I can revise for what is most important to me?

Thank you
Have you discussed with your tutor the workload you are given and what subjects you feel it's best you focus on?
Original post by 1582
Have you discussed with your tutor the workload you are given and what subjects you feel it's best you focus on?

Hi,
I have discussed this with him but he just won't listen! Though my mum thinks biology and chemistry are more important as I'm doing it next year but she still values maths and physics a lot so that's why she lets him give me a lot of work without realising that it's far too much. My tutor just doesn't understand that I need to revise by myself and I don't need his help anymore.
Wouldn't having the maths and physics tuition help with revision for those subjects though? I'm not sure why you'd stop them as your exams are coming up in all subjects, surely, not just in biology and chemistry? Wouldn't it make more sense to stop them after exams?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Wouldn't having the maths and physics tuition help with revision for those subjects though? I'm not sure why you'd stop them as your exams are coming up in all subjects, surely, not just in biology and chemistry? Wouldn't it make more sense to stop them after exams?

No, it wouldn't help. I would like to get on with my own revision for these subjects rather than having someone else tutor me now. I have been through all the content with my tutor and I feel as if I am ready to just do maths and physics revision by myself.

I hate tuition and I feel like I could use that time to revise more effectively and revise subjects such as maths in a way in which I will enjoy it rather than sitting down and doing an unfair amount of homework and feeling severely demotivated.

Quick Reply

Latest