The Student Room Group

How do I stop getting distracted while studying/revising?

How do I stop getting distracted while studying/revising? I'm trying to revise for exams and always end up on youtube/reading etc, have tried pomodoro timers on sites like lifeat.io and they have worked alright, but I was wondering if anyone else had tips for staying focused as a person prone to procrastinating + getting distracted?
Reply 1
Original post by disasterbi
How do I stop getting distracted while studying/revising? I'm trying to revise for exams and always end up on youtube/reading etc, have tried pomodoro timers on sites like lifeat.io and they have worked alright, but I was wondering if anyone else had tips for staying focused as a person prone to procrastinating + getting distracted?

I've heard that the forest app is quite good.
Alternatively try to leave devices in a different room to where you are.
If you need to use your device for revision then you could set a screen time thingy for your other apps.
Also try mixing up your location rather than just trying to study in the same place.
As for procrastination, I can't help you too much there. However, as an avid procrastinator myself (I mean, I'm right now putting off finishing the as level physics paper I started earlier), I have found that doing something that makes me feel more grounded usually helps me to get started. But hopefully someone else can help you a bit more there.
Hello,

From my personal experience, I like to start my study sessions by creating a to-do list.I also like to use the Pomodoro method. Some of my friends use an app called Flora that helps you stay off your phone while it grows a plant.

I also like to use a reward mechanism tactic, for example if I finish two chapters I can have a snack, or go for a walk. Sometimes, I even change scenery to allow me to focus.

What methods do you think you will apply?

Best of luck,
Haya - MBBS V

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending