The Student Room Group

EPQ idea for people wanting to study events or advertising?

I've been trying to find an EPQ idea for ages and I can't seem to find any ideas, Does anyone have any ideas of what my question could be or any advice. My topics of interest are Events management, film and advertising.
Any advice would be very helpful
thank you
Reply 1
Events management: For this, you could do an analysis of the management of a large event such as Glastonbury.
Advertising: Similarly, you could do an analysis of an advertising campaign, such as a new one or a well-known one from the past.
Film: You could review a film or film series. Alternatively you could write the synopsis for your own film if that's something you'd be interested in.
Original post by elianebeck
I've been trying to find an EPQ idea for ages and I can't seem to find any ideas, Does anyone have any ideas of what my question could be or any advice. My topics of interest are Events management, film and advertising.
Any advice would be very helpful
thank you

Hi @elianebeck,
My advice, as someone who completed an EPQ on a geographical topic and then went on to do a degree in Geography, would be to consider what you want to do after school and take inspiration from here. For example, if you think you may want to study a degree in events management then maybe check out some university course pages and see the kinds of topics they cover. Firstly, this content will go beyond any school curriculum you are familiar with, and secondly will be highly relevant, and so useful to write on your CV and other applications you do. Another suggestion would be to check out current news articles on these topics to try and find a topic that interests you, so that you will be able to engaged to study it for your EPQ. Please don't worry you will find a topic, it just takes a bit of searching around for a while.

Best of luck with your EPQ.
Megan :smile:
Third Year BSc(Hons) Geography Student
Reply 3
Thank you for the advice! this is very helpful :smile:
Eliane
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @elianebeck,
My advice, as someone who completed an EPQ on a geographical topic and then went on to do a degree in Geography, would be to consider what you want to do after school and take inspiration from here. For example, if you think you may want to study a degree in events management then maybe check out some university course pages and see the kinds of topics they cover. Firstly, this content will go beyond any school curriculum you are familiar with, and secondly will be highly relevant, and so useful to write on your CV and other applications you do. Another suggestion would be to check out current news articles on these topics to try and find a topic that interests you, so that you will be able to engaged to study it for your EPQ. Please don't worry you will find a topic, it just takes a bit of searching around for a while.

Best of luck with your EPQ.
Megan :smile:
Third Year BSc(Hons) Geography Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending