The Student Room Group

Dual presentation for national 4 not completed

So, a little backstory, I completely tanked my maths prelim which led to me being dual presented for nat 5 and nat 4 maths. My school does maths prelims in March and other subjects around January (not sure why) plus the classes took weeks to rearrange due to a shortage of teachers in the maths department. So around April I began the nat 4 course and completed one assessment. Now two weeks before study leave began, no teacher would turn up to our class, and as you can imagine everyone did no work and just messed around in the classroom. Since we had a double period before lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays, people started to leave the classroom. One week before study leave, some people including myself had to take exams like Biology & Geography and couldn't attend maths. Therefore, we only completed one nat 4 maths assessment and we weren't given any info about if we are continuing after study leave which is very unlikely, if we are all going to fail nat 4, or if they aren't going to dual present us anymore. I'm worried as of course I don't want to fail, but not too worried as I don't need maths, I just want more info. Btw I'm confident I at least got a C on my nat 5 as I found the exam not too difficult. Would anybody be able to offer some advice? Tysm!

TL;DR - I was dual presented for nat 5 and nat 4 maths but was unable to complete the nat 4 course due to having no teacher. Any advice about if I'm going to fail nat 4 maths or who to ask about it would be appreciated. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending