The Student Room Group

wrong fixed nationality but paranoid overseas fees?

Hi this post may be me being just me being extremely paranoid but i applied about a month ago for Cambridge Warwick UCL and bath and no offers yet but on my original ucas application it had an incorrect nationality stating my nationality was "Indian" instead of "UK national" however i still haven't received any offers yet and the error has been amended on UCAS about 3 weeks ago to correctley as UK national and i also contacted the 4 universities of which Cambridge stated that "this information has been added to my file" and Warwick said that they would charge me overseas fees if I don't reply with appropriate evidence to show that I'm uk citizen , so i sent them my passport and they replied with "We have received your uploaded passport, many thanks. Your nationality details have been updated through UCAS." and furthermore when i emailed bath they stated "Thank you for your email.
If you are a dual-national, please upload a copy of your British passport."
and also no response from UCL however on their website states that if nationality gets amended on UCAS it changes automatically for them via the system .
So the whole reason I'm ranting is just to ask is there a possibility i screwed up and when and if i receive my offers i will be put down as overseas fees even though i lived in UK my whole life and accidently just made that mistake and also further should i further clarify and email again with Bath and UCL of whom gave an ambiguous or no response to my email regarding nationality just to check they acknowledged the error and its been amended.

Thank you incredibly to anyone who read this ik its probs me just being anxious as i haven't even received any offers yet but i just wanted to make sure i avoid the extra incorrect fee
You’ll be fine.

Even if you received an offer categorising you as an overseas fees payer, then most unis have a process to query it, (eg. sending a copy of your passport as you’ve already done).

It is very common to muddle nationality and ethnicity when completing an UCAS application. Unis are well used to fixing this.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
You’ll be fine.

Even if you received an offer categorising you as an overseas fees payer, then most unis have a process to query it, (eg. sending a copy of your passport as you’ve already done).

It is very common to muddle nationality and ethnicity when completing an UCAS application. Unis are well used to fixing this.

thank you ever so much for replying your the best !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending