The Student Room Group

OCR B A-level Physics Paper 1 Advancing Physics (H557/01) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Josephhead18
Ye I just didn't do that one not worth wasting the time

Yeah my answers seemed pretty extreme for the last 2 parts. I probably got next to no marks on the Q as a whole.
Original post by ChooTrain
Yeah my answers seemed pretty extreme for the last 2 parts. I probably got next to no marks on the Q as a whole.

How'd u find time bc I defo ran out at the end
Reply 22
How'd u find time bc I defo ran out at the end

I finished with a decent amount of time to spare - but I still don't think my answers were great.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 23
That was not great - Q39 was so hard.

It made me want to just go up there and get rid of the sun.
Reply 24
Original post by Honkous

It's like those memes where it says work out the mass of the sun , but replace mass with solar energy.
Reply 25
As being physics teacher for the past 27 years, My students from Brampton Manor have found the paper straightforward and didn't have any issues with storming through the questions. I feel like the grade boundaries should be high this year.

With Regards,
Mr Raji
Original post by KissanRaji
As being physics teacher for the past 27 years, My students from Brampton Manor have found the paper straightforward and didn't have any issues with storming through the questions. I feel like the grade boundaries should be high this year.

With Regards,
Mr Raji
Brampton Manor is a top preforming school
Reply 27
Original post by KissanRaji

With Regards,
Mr Raji

Rip to my A* then ;(
Reply 28
Rip to my A* then ;(

😹😹
Reply 29
Original post by Talkative Toad
AQA for bio? nah, you gotta write an essay.

You don't like OCR?

AQA bio has grown on me but I'm scared for this essay. Scored 23/25 on my mock but my god anything could happen
Original post by Maaaachael
AQA bio has grown on me but I'm scared for this essay. Scored 23/25 on my mock but my god anything could happen

Fair
Reply 31
Thoughts??

Joe mama
Reply 32
Original post by TypicalNerd
Yep- OCR B. Probably the worst A level physics course of the bunch imo.

I do OCR B how did you find Paper 1?
Original post by DJ007981
I do OCR B how did you find Paper 1?

I haven’t actually seen the paper 1 from this year- I sat A level physics last year.

Last year’s paper 1 was pretty bad imo, but from what I’ve gathered, this year’s paper was waaay worse.
Reply 34
I haven’t actually seen the paper 1 from this year- I sat A level physics last year.

Last year’s paper 1 was pretty bad imo, but from what I’ve gathered, this year’s paper was waaay worse.

Yeah I heard last years was bad too but hopefully when they release the prospective boundaries we will be able to see if we can rest easy or panic.
Reply 35

Oh right I see. Yeah OCR B I can't find anyone who actually does it lmao. But it was awful some rough questions worded so strangely. Time management was awful. Multiple choice had questions that easily deserved like 3 marks. The paper Deffo had the upper hand for people who took maths
Reply 36
Original post by Honkous
Yeah I heard last years was bad too but hopefully when they release the prospective boundaries we will be able to see if we can rest easy or panic.

Did you do 2023 Paper 1 OCR B physics? If so how did you find it
Reply 37
Original post by Honkous

Does anyone remember the answers? I got the age of the sun if it was shrinking of to the power of 7 which resulted in the earth already outlining the sun.... and solar mass was like 8.4 to the power of negative something percent that had been burned through fission
Original post by Honkous

You defo heard correctly- though last year, the only thing worse than the questions in the papers was the proofreading lol (even the erratum notice on the paper 3 had a mistake on it).

I’d say it’s a little premature to panic- virtually everyone thinks this paper was shite so it’ll quite probably bring down the grade boundaries substantially and you also have two more papers to go, which means plenty of opportunities to score marks.
Reply 39
Original post by DJ007981
Did you do 2023 Paper 1 OCR B physics? If so how did you find it

I did and I think I did horrendously. I had to keep leaving questions half done so I could move on to see if I could pick up more marks on other ones. Not great. Going to have to get some good marks on p2 so I can offset my probable grade E from p1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending