The Student Room Group

OCR B A-level Physics Paper 1 Advancing Physics (H557/01) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TypicalNerd
You defo heard correctly- though last year, the only thing worse than the questions in the papers was the proofreading lol (even the erratum notice on the paper 3 had a mistake on it).

I’d say it’s a little premature to panic- virtually everyone thinks this paper was shite so it’ll quite probably bring down the grade boundaries substantially and you also have two more papers to go, which means plenty of opportunities to score marks.

Yeah, I wish I had someone at my sixth form who was an A-Level physics veteran like you so I could just hear this stuff in person.
Original post by Honkous
Yeah, I wish I had someone at my sixth form who was an A-Level physics veteran like you so I could just hear this stuff in person.

Firstly, you should have at least one physics teacher who presumably did A level physics and therefore qualifies as an A level physics veteran.

Secondly, do your classmates and teachers not give you a few encouraging words or tell you how bad OCR is? I would have thought they’d be courteous enough to at least wish you good luck.

On that note, best of luck for all your upcoming exams.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 42
Original post by TypicalNerd
Firstly, you should have at least one physics teacher who presumably did A level physics and therefore qualifies as an A level physics veteran.

Secondly, do your classmates and teachers not give you a few encouraging words or tell you how bad OCR is? I would have thought they’d be courteous enough to at least wish you good luck.

On that note, best of luck for all your upcoming exams.

Oh, my physics teacher is the best in the country no doubt. My classmates are disillusioned and think OCR is a good board with a bad run of a couple years. I hope they will find the truth one day...
Original post by Honkous
Oh, my physics teacher is the best in the country no doubt. My classmates are disillusioned and think OCR is a good board with a bad run of a couple years. I hope they will find the truth one day...

In that case, your teacher will be able to give you some excellent advice on how to prepare for paper 2 and will also be able to explain some of the trickier parts of the course well if you get bogged down during revision. You still have a chance to get the grade you need.

Indeed, we can but hope they will learn how bad OCR is lol…
Original post by KissanRaji
As being physics teacher for the past 27 years, My students from Brampton Manor have found the paper straightforward and didn't have any issues with storming through the questions. I feel like the grade boundaries should be high this year.

With Regards,
Mr Raji

Original post by Talkative Toad
Brampton Manor is a top preforming school

with very poor teachers
Original post by Honkous
Yeah I heard last years was bad too but hopefully when they release the prospective boundaries we will be able to see if we can rest easy or panic.

I didn't know prospective boundaries were a thing. What kind of date are they usually released?
Original post by smellyfeet112233
with very poor teachers

i'm not sure about that one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending