The Student Room Group

OCR B A-level Physics Paper 3 Advancing Physics (H557/03) - 15th Jun 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by user840271
What did you guys get for the first 6 marker on internal resistance

The gradient in series was -2/r and both of the experiments with two lemons has a y intersect 2 times higher than the first experiment with only one lemon. I think anyway ?
Reply 21
Where we taught areostationry orbits
Reply 22
Original post by user840271
What did you guys get for the first 6 marker on internal resistance

The lemon question was so strangely worded and hard to answer in my opinion. I just tried to pick up marks by saying how the current will be same in series, split in parallel and other things etc. I also sketched the graph of series circuit emf with gradient 2r and intercept 2E etc
Reply 23
Gradient would be -2r surely? Coz 2E= V +2Ir, so rearrange to get V on its own.
Original post by Josephhead18
The gradient in series was -2/r and both of the experiments with two lemons has a y intersect 2 times higher than the first experiment with only one lemon. I think anyway ?
Original post by JustTheFox
Gradient would be -2r surely? Coz 2E= V +2Ir, so rearrange to get V on its own.

yeah the gradient is twice as steep essentially because when you have two lemons in series, its double the internal resistance, given that the two lemons have the same internal resistance, and therefore V = EMF - Ir --> r is the gradient EMF is the y intercept and hence you also have twice the EMF.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending