The Student Room Group

(a level stuff) i dont know what to do

ok SO
i do 3d design as an a level (regret), i dont like my teacher, which has effected my work ability, plus the fact i have terrible time management and comprehensive skills?
we have 2 parts we had to do this year
-personal study (60% of grade)
-controlled test (40%)
we've already done the test/exam for it, thats fine, im ok with my work in that.
HOWEVER she wants to look at my prep work later today and ive done very little in my personaly study which we started LAST JUNE. i restarted this work like 5 times because i never liked how it looked or where it was going nor am i good at explaining things or laying things out. (she complains about water colour backgrounds??)
ON TOP OF THAT, SHE LOVES TO BE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS ME. see, i cant tell tones or what not anyways so it has always confused me. an example is when she was talking yo this class and said this: "i've talked to *insert head of sixth form* and highlighted some names, 'oh i was at art'- its not an excuse." PROCEEDING TO NOT LOOK IN MY DIRECTION?? SORRY IM PRIORITISING A LESSON I ENJOY MORE?? and i know she was on about me because the day before the head xame up to me and asked about my work/how im doing in 3d. AND the fact she adores everyone else's work and theyve done like big boards and filled sketchbooks and a bunch of detailed structures. that doesnt help looking at those people's work and then looking at mine which i thought i was proud at myself for. i hate it. im not mad at my classmates, im just impressed on how they manage to do so much in each subject of theres and know what to do. yes i couldve asked my teacher but i was too afraid, i dont/cant speak to people anyways.

what do i do if i fail the course? i dont want to repeat a year there im sick of it. do i tell her the truth if she goes 'youve had nearly a year this is not enough' like I KNOW. but my brain just, doesnt work well as others and idk why, thats a whole seperate problem id rather ramble about in another post.

is there places i could go to and be like 'hi hello i failed my 3d and i want to work/do stuff here to redeem myself in a professional environment and improve teamwork and communication skills'
Reply 1
Original post by amyskootles
ok SO
i do 3d design as an a level (regret), i dont like my teacher, which has effected my work ability, plus the fact i have terrible time management and comprehensive skills?
we have 2 parts we had to do this year
-personal study (60% of grade)
-controlled test (40%)
we've already done the test/exam for it, thats fine, im ok with my work in that.
HOWEVER she wants to look at my prep work later today and ive done very little in my personaly study which we started LAST JUNE. i restarted this work like 5 times because i never liked how it looked or where it was going nor am i good at explaining things or laying things out. (she complains about water colour backgrounds??)
ON TOP OF THAT, SHE LOVES TO BE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS ME. see, i cant tell tones or what not anyways so it has always confused me. an example is when she was talking yo this class and said this: "i've talked to *insert head of sixth form* and highlighted some names, 'oh i was at art'- its not an excuse." PROCEEDING TO NOT LOOK IN MY DIRECTION?? SORRY IM PRIORITISING A LESSON I ENJOY MORE?? and i know she was on about me because the day before the head xame up to me and asked about my work/how im doing in 3d. AND the fact she adores everyone else's work and theyve done like big boards and filled sketchbooks and a bunch of detailed structures. that doesnt help looking at those people's work and then looking at mine which i thought i was proud at myself for. i hate it. im not mad at my classmates, im just impressed on how they manage to do so much in each subject of theres and know what to do. yes i couldve asked my teacher but i was too afraid, i dont/cant speak to people anyways.

what do i do if i fail the course? i dont want to repeat a year there im sick of it. do i tell her the truth if she goes 'youve had nearly a year this is not enough' like I KNOW. but my brain just, doesnt work well as others and idk why, thats a whole seperate problem id rather ramble about in another post.

is there places i could go to and be like 'hi hello i failed my 3d and i want to work/do stuff here to redeem myself in a professional environment and improve teamwork and communication skills'

So what you are basically saying is that you haven't done your coursework and everyone and everything is to blame except yourself?

With respect of the future, thinking about yourself only and what you have / haven't contributed to your 3D Design course, what lessons can you take that you can apply to the future? Here are some to get you thinking
- Start your work when it is set
- Ask for help early
- Break down large tasks into smaller chunks
- Expect that there will be difficulties along the way (how will you deal with these difficulties proactively?)
- Know that things will take longer than expected - how can you manage this?
etc etc etc

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending