The Student Room Group

brighton college 16+ entry

hey all, i'm new here and i just wanted to ask a few questions?
i'm taking my brighton college entrance exam (16+) in about a weeks time and i'm really stressed about what's in the tests- i've found a few forums here from a few years back that suggest knowing the gcse maths syllabus well, but apart from that i don't know anything else that's going to be in the test. i'm already a student in the UK so i have a vague idea of what the structures for stuff like english essays are (my school hasn't really covered that yet) but i would love a little bit more guidance (although i know not too much detail should be given).
any help?
thanks!!
Reply 1
my brother tried a few years back, i think they tested english and maths. he screwed the maths bit quite bad because it covered quite a bit of a level maths. i am not entirely sure if they also tested additional things based on your intended subjects though. he definitely struggled with the interview... Good luck my friend.
Reply 2
Original post by mchk1001
my brother tried a few years back, i think they tested english and maths. he screwed the maths bit quite bad because it covered quite a bit of a level maths. i am not entirely sure if they also tested additional things based on your intended subjects though. he definitely struggled with the interview... Good luck my friend.

oh god a level maths?? i do higher gcse and further maths but i'm even struggling with just the gcse maths curriculum at the moment... good luck to me then 😭
Reply 3
just give it your best shot, they're picky for a reason. best case is you get in and worst case is you learn a lesson out of the experience!
Original post by kloutless
i'm taking my brighton college entrance exam (16+) in about a weeks time and i'm really stressed about what's in the tests- i've found a few forums here from a few years back that suggest knowing the gcse maths syllabus well, but apart from that i don't know anything else that's going to be in the test. i'm already a student in the UK so i have a vague idea of what the structures for stuff like english essays are (my school hasn't really covered that yet) but i would love a little bit more guidance (although i know not too much detail should be given).
any help?
thanks!!

Hiii, I’m also sitting it too and I’m so scared rn😭 idk what to expect tbh 😭😭 I hope for the best for everyone tho!💖
Reply 5
Original post by Anyaaaaaaaaa
Hiii, I’m also sitting it too and I’m so scared rn😭 idk what to expect tbh 😭😭 I hope for the best for everyone tho!💖

4th november right?? i'm so so scared bc i have absolutely NO idea whats going to be in it (like i dont really know what verbal reasoning even is??) and i'm defo failing bahahah
good luck to you too!!!!
Reply 6
any help?
thanks!!

if theres a level maths then im SO screwed omg 😭😭😭
Reply 7
Original post by bellad2
if theres a level maths then im SO screwed omg ***

ikr i’ve heard the maths section is really hard i’m so scared * i can barely understand the gcse content
and also idk what’s going to be in the other sections??? like this is so stressful
Reply 8
ikr i’ve heard the maths section is really hard i’m so scared �* i can barely understand the gcse content
and also idk what’s going to be in the other sections??? like this is so stressful

same omg!!! I struggle with the gcse stuff i dont know how I'll manage 😭 hopefully its not too many questions
Reply 9
Original post by carmenml
hi just wondering if any of u guys got offers/accepted a place for bc at sixth form?! i got in and have no idea whether to accept or not and really want to know people going😭

i got rejected after the exam 💀 (i.e., stage 1) but i think u should accept even if u don't know anyone, it's a good good good opportunity and ur bound to meet someone!!
any help?
thanks!!
Hi! I was wondering how the exam went for you because I’m doing it soon and would benefit from some advice. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending