The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Music Paper: Appraising (9MU0/03) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Muisc Appaising Paper go today?

Edexcel A-Level Music Component 3: Appraising (9MU0 03) - Monday 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information

Date/Time: Monday 12 Jun 2023 / PM

Length: 2h 10m
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't really understand tsr or how to make discussions or anything so sorry if this is wrong, just want to add my subject/exam to the list!
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by ponidob
I don't really understand tsr or how to make discussions or anything so sorry if this is wrong, just want to add my subject/exam to the list!

All good! :smile:
Reply 5
thank you :biggrin:
Reply 6
what set works do people hope will come up? praying for vaughan williams and berlioz 🤞🤞
Reply 7
Original post by ponidob
what set works do people hope will come up? praying for vaughan williams and berlioz 🤞🤞

i havent even revised for music at all oops, was focusing solely on maths alevel now its time to change back into music CRAM ASF
Reply 8
dont like vaugn, i hope katey, courtney, beatles, bach, these are more like it hahhaa, berlioz is a nice unrequited guy with loads of passion so him too
Reply 9
Original post by SarahS.A.S
i havent even revised for music at all oops, was focusing solely on maths alevel now its time to change back into music CRAM ASF

omg same, I basically only had done maths revision up until yesterday 😭 now it's music time
Reply 10
berlioz is a nice unrequited guy with loads of passion so him too

that's the only way to describe that guy lmao. maybe a little obsessive too
Reply 11
Same lol it was quite silly imagine just even doing 1 hour of music wouldda added up faslklsjajdlksajd
Original post by ponidob
omg same, i basically only had done maths revision up until yesterday 😭 now it's music time
Reply 12
Original post by ponidob
that's the only way to describe that guy lmao. maybe a little obsessive too

hes my bro hahahah,
but yep idek what to do
i need to hella cram idek maybe flash cards to see what i rememeber IDEKEKKEALKJDSLKJJLKSDAJLKDASJKL
Reply 13
Original post by ponidob
omg same, I basically only had done maths revision up until yesterday 😭 now it's music time

bro but how did bach go, lol i was so upset cuz i didnt have time to finish the 2nd one,
DSKLJJDKLSA
And then so silly
i didnt learn from my bach mistakes
and i didnt do the math one fast enough,
so i missed out the last.q and OTEH RONES TOO dklsajdlksajdas ,
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 14
bro but how did bach go, lol i was so upset cuz i didnt have time to finish the 2nd one

oh we didn't do the bach one at our school we did the melody arrangement, which I'm very happy about ngl
Reply 15
hes my bro hahahah,
but yep idek what to do
i need to hella cram idek maybe flash cards to see what i rememeber IDEKEKKEALKJDSLKJJLKSDAJLKDASJKL

I think I'm just going to listen through the set works loads with the anthology, maybe find some random related works and try to remember things about them 😭
Reply 16
Original post by ponidob
I think I'm just going to listen through the set works loads with the anthology, maybe find some random related works and try to remember things about them 😭

good luck bro, i need to do the same too, also need to pratice intervals for the 8 marker but 1st priority is setworks and essays etc
Reply 17
Praying for a Beatles 30 marker!!!
Hopefully Q5 isn't too ugly and something simple like how does the music display heroism (even tho they did that last year) :wink:
Reply 18
hi idk if everyone knows this but i just found out - on the edexcel spec it says you only need to study 3 areas of study in depth for question 6 which is so useful so I can minimise revision of wider listening and such
Reply 19
Does anyone have any sample essays that scored 25 and above or 15 and above for q5?

Quick Reply

Latest