The Student Room Group

Does my crush like me?

Hii, so i met this guy so keep in mind im 19 his 24, we started to talk about simple stuff, i asled him whats the type of girl his into i asked on Instagram and he explained so i just told him ohh wow im speechless, because i really was so he just liked my message the next day he sent me a message saying he really didnt mean to leave me speechless he was just being honest, and i told him why i was speechless and alll that. A week after that while ae were talking he asked me what type of guys im into and i sent the response he replied with a voicenote telling me how great the type of guys im into is and he ended up telling me about types of guys that dont know what they want and that doesnt care about woman and all that. Then i noticed he started off using this emojie🙂when we first started talking, later on when we started talk more he changed it to☺️and so forth and he uses the blushing emojies with most of his messages he sents i feel that we connect because we can talk about everything and he takes his time sending me a decent response, he told me that he wanted to compliment me long ago about my eye they are really pretty, but the main problem is im not sure whats going on with him, one moment he will send me a good morning message with a video or something funny the next morning he wont then ill do it, and when i text him good morning after he replied we both done chatting because i have studies and he has a job, and i have load shedding🙄once load shedding ends and his done working he sends me a text he first start off to reply fast then is take 30min to reply and so it goes on and it feels asif its a competition of who can reply first or take the longest to reply, its annoying. Weve been talk the whole time yesterday and this morning i told him to enjoy his day, he was online the whole day and evening and he grey ticked me what should i do im so confused, doss he like me or what
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
that's long and detailed
Reply 2
😭🤣🤣Sorry about that
Wtf
Reply 4
? (Original post by Emmmaaaa...)Wtf
Reply 5
It seems like he's definitely interested. Don't take it personally if he takes a while to respond, some people just can't keep up a high intensity like this and feel easily unable to respond as intensely after a while. Just mirror his texting behaviour. And you guys aren't together. Don't expect him to say good morning to you or anything. And taking half an hour to reply isn't very heavy is it? My crush sometimes takes 8 hours to respond and still ended up having dinner with me and making out with me the other day (I'm gay tho, but maybe that qualifies me even more to talk about guys lol)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hii, so i met this guy

In real life or just online? If not the former, make it so and ask him on a date.
Reply 7
now it's much easier to read
Reply 8
sounds like he likes you.
Reply 9
Met him before
Reply 10
It seems like he's definitely interested. Don't take it personally if he takes a while to respond, some people just can't keep up a high intensity like this and feel easily unable to respond as intensely after a while. Just mirror his texting behaviour. And you guys aren't together. Don't expect him to say good morning to you or anything. And taking half an hour to reply isn't very heavy is it? My crush sometimes takes 8 hours to respond and still ended up having dinner with me and making out with me the other day (I'm gay tho, but maybe that qualifies me even more to talk about guys lol)

Thank you so much for the feedback, well so i decided to tell him i like him and i told him i wanted to end the friendship because its going to make things awkward and he wasnt happy with ending the friendship he asked me why and that he wants us to still be friends. He also mentioned that if we stay friends that means that we wont talk as much because it makes things complicated but thats not what he wants... He wants to talk to me and stuff but instead of him starting the convo i have to do it, but now im mirroring his behavior like u said...
Thank you so much for the feedback, well so i decided to tell him i like him and i told him i wanted to end the friendship because its going to make things awkward and he wasnt happy with ending the friendship he asked me why and that he wants us to still be friends. He also mentioned that if we stay friends that means that we wont talk as much because it makes things complicated but thats not what he wants... He wants to talk to me and stuff but instead of him starting the convo i have to do it, but now im mirroring his behavior like u said...

Maybe have a look at attachment theory. He may be a case of either being a dismissive avoidant or having a fear of commitment, so instead of committing he wants to keep you around as a 'friend' because he probably enjoys having attention from someone. I would be careful. Jsut ended a months long dynamic on a crush I had because I've been treated the exact same way. In the end, what's important is how you feel about this, and if you feel distressed too much, maybe it's better to leave it behind and owe to yourself to feel disappointed by his behaviour. Makes it easier to move on.
Reply 12
Met him before

Yes
Reply 13
Maybe have a look at attachment theory. He may be a case of either being a dismissive avoidant or having a fear of commitment, so instead of committing he wants to keep you around as a 'friend' because he probably enjoys having attention from someone. I would be careful. Jsut ended a months long dynamic on a crush I had because I've been treated the exact same way. In the end, what's important is how you feel about this, and if you feel distressed too much, maybe it's better to leave it behind and owe to yourself to feel disappointed by his behaviour. Makes it easier to move on.

So, i havent spoken to him in a week, and saw that he sent me some reels on Instagram and i just liked him, since then we haven't spoken. I decided to send him a message today apologizing for being distant because i was sick, which i am... He was so concerned and said he hopes its mild flue and that its nothing bad, and that he hopes i get well soon. He mentioned that he is on leave and stuff(i never asked)...
I really like him and dont want to loose him as a friend but its draining me tbh...

You have a cool username anon 2. 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending