The Student Room Group

Am I being played on?

I met someone who I thought had a keen interest in me. I generally thought they liked me and I really like them too.

If I laugh at someone else's jokes, my "crush" would deliberately make me feel jealous with a mutual friend of mine.

It hurts like a knife because I met my crush first before introducing them to my friends, my mutual friend has never met my crush.

My mutual friend and my crush are really close now and I think they generally like each other. I am confused whether my crush is using my friend to make me jealous.

I'm sick and tired of this game. Is my crush playing me?
Reply 1
Yes
Reply 2
That does sound quite strange tbh, it does depend on what they're specifically doing, but if they like someone else and make you feel terrible then it's not even worth crushing on them! I hope you find someone better!
Sounds like you need better friends.

As little as I know of the context, the whole scene already reeks of red flags.

Imagine being in a relationship with someone who gets insecure every time you laugh at a friend's joke, and decides to try and make you feel insecure by flirting with one of your "friends". wtf

f**k these kinds of people and their creepy "kinks" lol. Move on.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I met someone who I thought had a keen interest in me. I generally thought they liked me and I really like them too.

If I laugh at someone else's jokes, my "crush" would deliberately make me feel jealous with a mutual friend of mine.

It hurts like a knife because I met my crush first before introducing them to my friends, my mutual friend has never met my crush.

My mutual friend and my crush are really close now and I think they generally like each other. I am confused whether my crush is using my friend to make me jealous.

Yeah clearly playing you they don't really care about you at all
Reply 5
No. You don't even know if your crush likes you in the same way as you like them, you only 'think' it. Should have made a move if you're interested; you snooze, you lose.
Original post by anonymous #1
i met someone who i thought had a keen interest in me. I generally thought they liked me and i really like them too.
If i laugh at someone else's jokes, my "crush" would deliberately make me feel jealous with a mutual friend of mine.
It hurts like a knife because i met my crush first before introducing them to my friends, my mutual friend has never met my crush.
My mutual friend and my crush are really close now and i think they generally like each other. I am confused whether my crush is using my friend to make me jealous.
that is a big fat fluffy yes
Its no fun playing games. Time to get on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending