The Student Room Group

Help with my decision

I applied for CS but missed out on my top choices. I got offers from Bristol and Manchester which I like but some people say to take a gap year then reapply instead so can someone please help me!My predicted grades are A*A*A*
@Pj75695

Your predicted grades are amazing!

You could take a gap year, but there is no guarantee that you would get into your preferred choice for university next year, so it might not be worthwhile.

If you like Bristol and Manchester then it could be an idea to choose one of them, rather than postponing uni for another year.

For now though, focus on getting the grades that you want!

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Original post by Pj75695
I applied for CS but missed out on my top choices. I got offers from Bristol and Manchester which I like but some people say to take a gap year then reapply instead so can someone please help me!My predicted grades are A*A*A*

If you have had offers from Bristol and Manchester I suspect you have been rejected by the likes of Oxbridge and London universities which are massively over subscribed every year and many get rejected with outstanding grades every year. There is no guarantee you will get an offer after a gap year. It is only you can decide whether the risk is worth it
(edited 11 months ago)
Just to add to my earlier post only 1 in 20 get offers for CS from Imperial. Most like you get rejected with fantastic grades.
Reply 4
Either Manchester or Bristol would be an excellent choice.

Dont waste your time with a gap year, as noted above you are very likely to be rejected again from those same Unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending