The Student Room Group

what happens on offer holder days

i have one in a few weeks for a uni that is over 4 hours away so i was wondering if it's worth going, it wouldn't change my decision on whether or not i choose it
Original post by mymelo
i have one in a few weeks for a uni that is over 4 hours away so i was wondering if it's worth going, it wouldn't change my decision on whether or not i choose it

Hi @mymelo

I can imagine that offer holder days differ between universities, but here at BCU they're essentially a second chance at an open day - but with added opportunity to get to know your course and uni. Most courses will deliver some welcome talks/presentations about the course like you would see at an open day. Then you will have the opportunity to take part in a workshop related to your subject. This is your time to get to know the space a bit better, chat to tutors, and also meet some other students who are thinking of joining.

There will also be opportunity to look at accommodation, student support, etc., which might help with your decision.
I personally loved the offer holder day and it actually was the main factor in my decision to come to BCU. I also used the day to visit Birmingham itself, as I didn't really have time on the open day. As the uni you're looking at is quite far away, maybe you could use the day to have a look around to see if you like the city as well as the uni and course.

It's not compulsory that you need to attend an offer holder day in order to make your decision, but I found it useful to ask some more questions and to meet my prospective tutors, which helped me make my decision.

Best of luck with whatever you decide!
Emily 🙂
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending