The Student Room Group

my journey post IGCSE

hi im new here i dont really know how this works but

i just wrote the IGCSE examinations and i have been doing pathetic in my 2 year IGCSE journey.

I am confused about what curriculum to do post my IGCSE'S and the options i have are A levels and IBDP.

I have been suggested by people to do the A levels as they are "easier " than IBDP and ive heard that the transition to A levels is considerably easier since im in the cambridge curriculm currently . however the country i live in needs me to do 5 A levels but the question that arises here is would'nt 5 A levels be tougher than doing 3Hl's,3SL's + coursework in ibdp since A levels focuses on in-depth study.

im not sure of my career path or stream either so doing 5 subjects which focuses on in deoth learning does not make sense since i dont know if thats what ill be doing in university.

Im not an academically strong/smart person and ive been pondering upon which curriculum would be the best for me and a few opinions would help me make my decision .
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi there, I'm glad to help you with your decision about which curriculum to take after your IGCSE exams.

It sounds like you're feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed right now, and that's totally understandable. There's a lot to think about when it comes to choosing a post-IGCSE curriculum, and it's important to make a decision that's right for you.

Here's a little bit of information about each of the options you're considering:

A Levels

A Levels are a two-year program that leads to two advanced level qualifications in two subjects. They are a popular choice for students who are planning to go on to university in the UK. A Levels are known for being challenging, but they also offer a lot of flexibility in terms of the subjects you can study.

IB Diploma Programme

The IB Diploma Programme is a two-year program that leads to a single diploma. It is a more rigorous program than A Levels, and it requires students to study a wider range of subjects. The IB Diploma Programme is also more internationally recognized than A Levels, which can be an advantage if you're planning to study abroad.

So, which program is right for you? It depends on a number of factors, including your academic strengths and weaknesses, your career goals, and your personal preferences.

If you're not sure which program is right for you, I would recommend talking to your teachers, counselors, and parents. They can help you weigh the pros and cons of each program and make the best decision for you.

Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:

Your academic strengths and weaknesses: Which program would be a better fit for your current academic level? Are you more interested in in-depth study or a wider range of subjects?
Your career goals: What do you want to study in university? Which program would give you the best preparation for your chosen field?
Your personal preferences: Do you prefer a more challenging or a more flexible program? Do you want to study in the UK or abroad?
Once you've considered all of these factors, you should be able to make a decision about which program is right for you. Remember, there's no right or wrong answer, and it's okay to change your mind later on. The most important thing is to choose a program that you're excited about and that you think will help you achieve your goals.

I hope this helps!

feel free to reach out if you need any help or questions.
Reply 2
hi!

i just got my IGCSE results and i wanted to know if grade G is considered as pass

In addition to that , the country i live in needs me to do 5 a levels so i was thinking if doing 5 a levels would become even more difficult than doing ibdp .

I cannot do 3-4 A levels and have to do 5 a levels .

which will be easier doing 5 a levels or doing the IBDP

Quick Reply

Latest