The Student Room Group

Is it possible to pursue a degree in physics without studying maths advanced level?

Is it possible to pursue a degree in physics without studying maths advanced level but having taken physics? If not, would an AS in maths be sufficient? I plan on taking biology and sociology alongside physics.
Why don’t you want to take maths A level?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Why don’t you want to take maths A level?

I don’t really enjoy maths in itself but enjoy it in relation to physics yk? I also want to take biology and sociology.
Reply 3
Yes, if you don't mind paying for and doing a foundation year. Some universities offer physics courses with foundation years where they practically teach you A-Level maths in that year to fill in for what you missed. (Alongside A-Level Physics, but that would just be revision for you)
Reply 4
I'd definitely recommend checking with whatever your plans are for after! You said a degree, so probably best to check some uni requirements on their sites to confirm this or even to contact them. I know a fair few do require A Level maths for physics degrees, but i'm sure there are places that don't as well
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest