The Student Room Group

A-Levels needed for Computer Science/Dentistry

Im not entirely sure what career path i want to pursue, but i want to take a combination of alevels that would keep both the computer science path and the dentistry path open to me. im not too sure as to what to take for alevels in regards to making different career paths available to me. i was considering taking chemistry, physics and maths (all of which i really like) but im not sure if it would open up the dentistry path for me - would i also need biology if i wanted to go into dentistry?. im looking forward to seeing your responses.
Original post by yaz2007
Im not entirely sure what career path i want to pursue, but i want to take a combination of alevels that would keep both the computer science path and the dentistry path open to me. im not too sure as to what to take for alevels in regards to making different career paths available to me. i was considering taking chemistry, physics and maths (all of which i really like) but im not sure if it would open up the dentistry path for me - would i also need biology if i wanted to go into dentistry?. im looking forward to seeing your responses.

some dental schools require both bio and chem for eg birmingham, cardiff, dundee, glasgow, leeds, liverpool, manchester, newcastle,sheffield,
some dental schools require chem/bio plus another science for eg bristol, kings, plymouth, qmul
in short most dental schools require both so if you want to pursue dentistry its better to take both

Quick Reply

Latest