The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Mathematics A Paper 3 (H240/03) - 20th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Differential equation you had to use the fact acceleration is equal to dv/dt
Reply 81
Original post by UdumoLwakhe

I knew it was something to do with that lmao but still had no clu what to do
what did people get for the contact force for q11b?
Reply 83
Did anyone actually understand how to do the ladder question? I’ve never seen one with it at an angle before in any past papers or practise questions?
Reply 84
Original post by suomynona123
what did people get for the contact force for q11b?

around 17. something or 18. something i cant remember, hbu?
Original post by Raqd
Did anyone actually understand how to do the ladder question? I’ve never seen one with it at an angle before in any past papers or practise questions?

For the first part you did not have to do anything with the 55 degree angle apart from use it to do 180-55 it was just the same as if the wall was straight idk about the second part
Reply 86
Original post by anon000000
around 17. something or 18. something i cant remember, hbu?

Was that for the ladder one? I think i got around 11.2 but I think I did it wrong
Reply 87
Original post by Aidantm17
Was that for the ladder one? I think i got around 11.2 but I think I did it wrong

thats what i got for the contact force, a few ppl from my school got the same but honestly not 100% sure if its right, im not confident at all haha
Reply 88

did you do contact force = square root of the sum of Friction squared + reaction(A) squared?
Original post by anon000000
thats what i got for the contact force, a few ppl from my school got the same but honestly not 100% sure if its right, im not confident at all haha

It was weird because the questions where asking for resultant hence had to use Pythag to find magnitude
Reply 90
unofficial ms?
Also was anyone else fuming that it said use g=-10, my stupid ass did the whole question with 9.8 and then had to do it again lmao

you got one mark penalty for that question if g=9.8 used, then all other marks will be awarded
Lol what what that 😭😭😭
Original post by UdumoLwakhe

I got that question,
- a = dv/dt
- put v on LHS > 1/v dv = (something) dt
- for the side with dt i used a substitution
- +c = ln (17.5 / 7)
- then apply those log laws with addition/subtraction of ln (something) s
Reply 94
Original post by _wai.yingggg__
I got that question,
- a = dv/dt
- put v on LHS > 1/v dv = (something) dt
- for the side with dt i used a substitution
- +c = ln (17.5 / 7)
- then apply those log laws with addition/subtraction of ln (something) s

urghhh that makes so much sense, I just didnt spot swapping a for dv/dt at the start
What the actual f**k was that paper pls
nothing like the goddamn past papers I hope whoever made this paper gets deported immediately
why they asking for mechanics in the pure section💀
its the way a girl who has an offer from OXFORD FOR MATHS came out of that exam and burst into tears straight away, they had no right to make it so hard that people worry about it and ruin their summer
Fr i had to check twice to see if i skipped a question and went onto the mech section but no it was just one of ocrs disgusting tricks
Original post by heeeee22092004
why they asking for mechanics in the pure section💀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending