The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Mathematics Paper 1 (7357/1) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Can anyone explain question 10a on the Primrose Kitten paper?

Screenshot 2023-06-05 202537.png
I know you ln both sides and then differentiate, but I don't understand how they got dy/dx 1/y
I thought the derivative of ln y is 1/y, so where did the dy/dx come from
Reply 41
Original post by DS13990609
Can anyone explain question 10a on the Primrose Kitten paper?

Screenshot 2023-06-05 202537.png
I know you ln both sides and then differentiate, but I don't understand how they got dy/dx 1/y
I thought the derivative of ln y is 1/y, so where did the dy/dx come from

Implicit differentiation with respect to x. So after differentiating a y value you need to put a dy/dx on the end.
Original post by croonky
Unless half of the document is missing you put your answer as 4-8(ln6+ln4)? but that's the same as 4-8ln(6*4) => 4-8ln24 = -21.42443064

It's just the factorised version i'm referring to, before u factorised, the answer was correct

i meant take away instead of adding and put it in the calculator as take away
Reply 43
Original post by croonky
Implicit differentiation with respect to x. So after differentiating a y value you need to put a dy/dx on the end.

Ohh. Thanks, btw what % did u get from this paper
Reply 44
Original post by idk222222222

Can you please explain as to what you did on the actual integration step?
Reply 45
Original post by DS13990609
I'm gonna be honest. Out of all 3, pure is is the easiest paper and mechanics is hell. I think I can get an A* in paper 1. I've made a list of key topics that came up in previous papers (2018-2022) and made predictions on what's to come in paper 1. If you want, I can send you a link to the document

Hey can you send it to me too please?
Original post by tonkzs-
Can you please explain as to what you did on the actual integration step?

There is a rule where integral of (1/ax+b)= 1/a(ln|ax+b|)+c
Reply 47
How are we feeling everyone
I’m absolutely bricking it but it is what it is
Original post by _OSHii
How are we feeling everyone
I’m absolutely bricking it but it is what it is

Feel you man, I'm nervous but just wanna do it
honestly lads this is my first exam. I'm aiming for an A and got an A on most of the papers I've done Alhamdulillah lol, so I'm feeling okay - just dreading it slightly as it is my first and i feel like thisll either make or break me. good luck to the rest of u, ln gang ln gang
Hey everyone :smile: How did you all find the exam?

A-level Mathematics

Reply 51
First Post. Felt pretty good icl. Except last question my integrating factors and last part didn't agree and kept wanting a negative time
how do you do the circle question where it was 2x-5y=-30 something like that i forgot
hi guys I hope it went well for you all.
Reply 54
was the first answer -128 or 128, i got -128
Reply 55
Original post by readre
was the first answer -128 or 128, i got -128

It’s 128 I’m pretty sure
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by RyN05_1234
It’s 128

did anyone get 288 to nearest cm as min value of distance between floor and ceiling?
That exam was worryingly easy
Reply 58
Original post by med.33333
did anyone get 288 to nearest cm as min value of distance between floor and ceiling?

i got 288cm as well :smile:
the perpendicular line and the line that passes through the center are equal to one another then sub one point into the equation and poof comes the answer

Original post by molylmaeqr23
how do you do the circle question where it was 2x-5y=-30 something like that i forgot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending