The Student Room Group

in need of urgent advice, would appreciate any help :)

hello, i just wanted to come here as a last resort since I've felt overwhelmed and alone. paper 1 chemistry is in under 12 days and my last 2 grades this year have been Us in chemistry. i understand it is looking helpless at this stage but i am genuinely struggling with what to do and how to approach this as i have less time by the day and more to cover. i'm struggling to learn and also practice all the content whilst also having to do the same for my other 2 subjects at the same time. it has started to effect my mental being as well now and i would really love to hear how anyone would deal with revision if they have had to go from a U to something a lot higher and only had 12 days to make turn around. i can not turn back time at this stage and have noone to blame but myself but i do really want any advice i can get to try and save my future. thank you <3
Reply 1
I can't say I've been in the exact same situation but I can share what my last minute, right before exams revision strategy was for sciences. I wrote out notes for everything that was on the paper, then rewrote them again and again and again. Each time I'd try and get the info down in less words, condensing it a bit each time. I found doing that and going over them over and over helped them stay in my head.
My advice would be to create a list of the topics you want to prioritise/find hardest. I would recommend that you watch Allery Chemistry revision videos on YouTube on a topic e.g. thermodynamics and then answer some questions on that topic from the Physics and Maths Tutor (PMT) website. On the PMT website, you can find (AQA) recent questions for each topic. Perhaps you do not need to answer all the questions for a specific topic i.e. maybe do 3 out of 10 so that you can cover more content.

It is important that you know the content. You can find premade flashcards on Physics and Maths Tutor or Quizlet. Try and learn the mechanisms, inorganic equations and maths formulas.

You could do two topics a day e.g. day 1: atomic structure and amount of substance. Watch the Allery Chemistry REVISION video at x2 speed. Do PMT or Quizlet flashcards to nail the content. Try a few PMT questions/past paper questions.

This is just a suggestion. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by DFLETCH22
My advice would be to create a list of the topics you want to prioritise/find hardest. I would recommend that you watch Allery Chemistry revision videos on YouTube on a topic e.g. thermodynamics and then answer some questions on that topic from the Physics and Maths Tutor (PMT) website. On the PMT website, you can find (AQA) recent questions for each topic. Perhaps you do not need to answer all the questions for a specific topic i.e. maybe do 3 out of 10 so that you can cover more content.

It is important that you know the content. You can find premade flashcards on Physics and Maths Tutor or Quizlet. Try and learn the mechanisms, inorganic equations and maths formulas.

You could do two topics a day e.g. day 1: atomic structure and amount of substance. Watch the Allery Chemistry REVISION video at x2 speed. Do PMT or Quizlet flashcards to nail the content. Try a few PMT questions/past paper questions.

This is just a suggestion. Good luck!

thank you so much!! this is so helpful i'm very grateful for the advice, i feel so much better knowing where to start now :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by userhep
I can't say I've been in the exact same situation but I can share what my last minute, right before exams revision strategy was for sciences. I wrote out notes for everything that was on the paper, then rewrote them again and again and again. Each time I'd try and get the info down in less words, condensing it a bit each time. I found doing that and going over them over and over helped them stay in my head.

ooooooh that sounds good, gonna give it a try! thank you so much for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending