The Student Room Group

LNAT booking: urgent

Hello!

I'm in a difficult situation with my LNAT booking and would greatly appreciate help, especially from anyone with experience.

I'm in Year 12 and hope to go to Oxford University to study Law. However, due to various reasons, I may resit Year 12 instead of moving onto Year 13. The problem is that this is uncertain and I will probably have to wait until Results Day on 17th August to decide.

Tomorrow, 1st August, LNAT bookings for entry in 2024 open. As I'm unsure whether I will be in Year 13 this September, I don't know if I should book my LNAT since scores do not carry over years. My family can't really afford to pay £75 twice, as in once this year and once next year, if I risk the booking but end up resitting. I have heard that you must book immediately to secure a place in time.

Can anyone who has booked before or who has knowledge of the booking tell me does waiting until 17th August to book mean I cannot meet the Oxbridge LNAT result deadline of October 16th? Or can anyone give me any general advice? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks very much!
hey op, you can book the exam tomorrow and then on results day, 17th august, decide whether you want to resit year 12, if decide to do that then you can cancel your booking and get a full refund
Reply 2
Original post by Ooo4hmed2023
hey op, you can book the exam tomorrow and then on results day, 17th august, decide whether you want to resit year 12, if decide to do that then you can cancel your booking and get a full refund

thanks so much for the quick response!

what, that would really be ideal! the only thing is i thought i read on the LNAT website that they didn't give refunds if you cancelled your test?
Reply 3
Original post by leafcat

what, that would really be ideal! the only thing is i thought i read on the LNAT website that they didn't give refunds if you cancelled your test?

yes, it seems to say on the website under 'Rescheduling policy' that "Payments are not refunded in the event that candidates decide not to sit the LNAT at all."
Reply 4
Original post by leafcat

hey there!! i'm looking to book a spot tomorrow for the LNAT too. thought i'd chime in after just hearing about it; on the website, you can look on the website and see if you are eligible for a bursary which covers the £75 cost. hope this helps!
Reply 5
Original post by Gordon K.
hey there!! i'm looking to book a spot tomorrow for the LNAT too. thought i'd chime in after just hearing about it; on the website, you can look on the website and see if you are eligible for a bursary which covers the £75 cost. hope this helps!

hello! thanks for the reply. unfortunately, i've already checked the bursary requirements and i'm not eligible.
Reply 6
Original post by leafcat
hello! thanks for the reply. unfortunately, i've already checked the bursary requirements and i'm not eligible.

ahhhh... that sucks man. i've got a question too - have you (or anybody else on this thread) heard anything on whether the spots for LNAT go really fast? since if i apply for bursary it says to take it's processing time of 10 days into consideration, however i'm worried i'll miss out on getting a spot
Reply 7
ahhhh... that sucks man. i've got a question too - have you (or anybody else on this thread) heard anything on whether the spots for LNAT go really fast? since if i apply for bursary it says to take it's processing time of 10 days into consideration, however i'm worried i'll miss out on getting a spot

unfortunately, i don't know that's one of the questions i have too, because if i knew, i'd be more sure about whether i'd be able to wait for the 17th of august. hope we get an answer!
Reply 8

Yeah they go pretty fast but there are still some dates left that im sure can work for you (if you're applying to oxbridge or not) and I'm sure later on people will move dates around so keep an eye out for the date you want.
Reply 9
If anyone is looking to buy Arbiter use my code for 10% off: 10ONA
Reply 10
Original post by velvety
If anyone is looking to buy Arbiter use my code for 10% off: 10ONA

Thanks for this - but does anyone know why everyone has these discount codes? Is it sort of like a scheme where you get money when others use it? Also, does anyone have any advice on whether Arbitio is actually useful or not? I’m still thinking on whether to get it or not, but I’ll be sure to do some research in the meantime. Thanks!!
Reply 11
no basically we get these codes once we buy it and then if we get a certain amount of people to use it, we get additional things like another free practice test etc.

I'd say it's useful, loads of people who did well in the LNAT told me its worth it. I personally got it for my confidence because I didn't want to be stuck using materials that were easier than the real thing
Thanks for this - but does anyone know why everyone has these discount codes? Is it sort of like a scheme where you get money when others use it? Also, does anyone have any advice on whether Arbitio is actually useful or not? I’m still thinking on whether to get it or not, but I’ll be sure to do some research in the meantime. Thanks!!
Reply 12
Original post by velvety
no basically we get these codes once we buy it and then if we get a certain amount of people to use it, we get additional things like another free practice test etc.

I'd say it's useful, loads of people who did well in the LNAT told me its worth it. I personally got it for my confidence because I didn't want to be stuck using materials that were easier than the real thing

i see - thanks so much for your help in clarifying that for me. i think i'm going to get it soon cause i've also generally heard a lot of good things about it. hope your results go well!
Reply 13
Here s a code if anyone needs it! 10BOUCHRA
Reply 14
Hi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending