The Student Room Group

I want to go to what I’ve put as my insurance, can I somehow switch to this?

I received two offers, both A*AA and the deadline for choosing a firm came so I put the one which I preferred at the time. I have now realised that I prefer the other one, which I put as an insurance but I don’t know how to go about changing to it, if that’s even possible. Any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by JVL145
I received two offers, both A*AA and the deadline for choosing a firm came so I put the one which I preferred at the time. I have now realised that I prefer the other one, which I put as an insurance but I don’t know how to go about changing to it, if that’s even possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Call UCAS ASAP. They should be able to swap your replies but the deadline for doing so is the 21st of July.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Call UCAS ASAP. They should be able to swap your replies but the deadline for doing so is the 21st of July.

And if you missed the deadline, you could reject your firm at any time, right, which would automatically turn your insurance into your firm, but you would have no backup?
Original post by lalexm
And if you missed the deadline, you could reject your firm at any time, right, which would automatically turn your insurance into your firm, but you would have no backup?

That isn’t the case
an applicant can’t reject their firm choice.
IF an applicant is UNCONDITIONAL firm with a university they can use the “decline my place” button. This will not pass them to their insurance choice. It places an applicant into clearing.
And just to note that if UCAS advise one of the choices haven't given blanket permission for swaps, you'll also need to call them and get approval before the 21st. Which is why this is especially urgent.

Original post by lalexm

Covered above by PQ. Short answer, no.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
That isn’t the case
an applicant can’t reject their firm choice.
IF an applicant is UNCONDITIONAL firm with a university they can use the “decline my place” button. This will not pass them to their insurance choice. It places an applicant into clearing.

Understood. Many thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One

Thank you very much for clearing this up, i will contact UCAS and see what I have to do. I reckon I will also need to get permission from the university I put as my insurance right?
Reply 7
Original post by JVL145
Thank you very much for clearing this up, i will contact UCAS and see what I have to do. I reckon I will also need to get permission from the university I put as my insurance right?

Also where did you find out that the deadline was the 21st as I previously looked and didn’t find anything
Original post by JVL145

Speak to UCAS first, both unis might have given a blanket approval to all requests, in which case you can get it amended with a single call.

Original post by JVL145
Also where did you find out that the deadline was the 21st as I previously looked and didn’t find anything

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

Under 'Changed your mind about your replies?'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending