The Student Room Group

Can Scottish qualifications be used in applying to an English University?

Hi all

So currently looking at the different qualification frameworks in the UK, and in essence I want to know if a qualification that is accredited by SCQF but not OFQUAL be used in an application to an English university?

Personally speaking, I am looking at doing a qualification that is provided by the awarding body EduQual. EduQual is not accredited with OFQUAL, but is with SCQF. Ultimately I want to apply to an English Uni, but I obviously don't want to waste time on a qualification if it wont be accepted.

Appreciate any feedback
Best
Tom
Reply 1
SQA Advanced Highers are accepted by all English / Welsh / NI Unis.

What qualifications are you taking?
Specifically, I am looking at a Level 5 Diploma in Civil Engineering with the London School of Business and Administration. Its an online course/qualification. I realise that SQA highers are accepted by English/Welsh/NI Unis, but that is due to schools and education centres choosing valid awarding bodies which have a strong reputation e.g. Edexcel, AQA, OCR, etc.

EduQual on the other hand is not so well known and I want to check its validity.

Thanks for the response by the way!
Reply 3
Original post by 13tfiles
Specifically, I am looking at a Level 5 Diploma in Civil Engineering with the London School of Business and Administration. Its an online course/qualification.

You would need to email each Uni individually and ask if it is accepted for the degree course you want to do - include the weblink to the online qualification info in your email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending