The Student Room Group

Paper 3 BIO essay question

For this question: importance of movement within organisms, would it be suitable to answer 4 points with 4 different movements across cell surface membranes (simple diffusion, facilitated diffusion, osmosis and active transport) and not discuss any other ideas? Or would it be better to briefly explain each as one whole topic?
Thanks!
If its synoptic then sure, eg cotransport across the ileum and facilitated diffusion of chlorine ions in synaptic transmission are from two different areas of the syllabus. However movement can also be the movement of the muscle themselves not just the movement within organisms. Growth is movement etc.
But in summary yes as long as it is synoptic! However this essay probably wont come up as it came up I think 2018 - you can check the mark scheme for this essay though to further check your answer !
Thank you hun! If you’re doing your a levels this year, good luck for them and I wish you all the best <33
Original post by Student2011584
If its synoptic then sure, eg cotransport across the ileum and facilitated diffusion of chlorine ions in synaptic transmission are from two different areas of the syllabus. However movement can also be the movement of the muscle themselves not just the movement within organisms. Growth is movement etc.
But in summary yes as long as it is synoptic! However this essay probably wont come up as it came up I think 2018 - you can check the mark scheme for this essay though to further check your answer !
Thankyou! and you <3

Original post by Scienceconsumer
Thank you hun! If you’re doing your a levels this year, good luck for them and I wish you all the best <33

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending