The Student Room Group

core maths

I am planning to take the core maths AS level course starting September. Does anyone know what its like, is it similar to gcse maths ? Is it easy? Is it worth it?
Original post by z.0
I am planning to take the core maths AS level course starting September. Does anyone know what its like, is it similar to gcse maths ? Is it easy? Is it worth it?

my friend takes it and she finds it super easy she says its mostly gcse stats questions. she did really well at gcse maths tho so not sure if it would be easy for everyone but she doesnt bother revising anything for her exams rn. a lot of people dropped out because it was boring and they didnt really need it but she said that she thinks her uni's gave her offers because she showed them shes still doing some type of maths as her degree has a tiny bit of maths but not enough for a whole a level
Reply 2
Original post by arch17
my friend takes it and she finds it super easy she says its mostly gcse stats questions. she did really well at gcse maths tho so not sure if it would be easy for everyone but she doesnt bother revising anything for her exams rn. a lot of people dropped out because it was boring and they didnt really need it but she said that she thinks her uni's gave her offers because she showed them shes still doing some type of maths as her degree has a tiny bit of maths but not enough for a whole a level

Thanks for this. The reason i want to do it is because I want some sort of maths in my uni application just like ur friend, and theres no way I can do an A level course. Im worried about the idea of doing 4 subjects, im doing chem bio and psychology along with this so im stressed about the time im going to be in lessons- but if its really easy and doesnt need much revision then i feel better.

Quick Reply

Latest