The Student Room Group

Height

in a nutshell i am a girl and between 4ft'11 and 5ft. It never really bothered me up until recently about my height, before i loved being short but now i am beginning to question it.

it makes me wonder whether guys actually like short girls. Theres this whole massive thing and whoop about guys liking short girls but i actually see it as the opposite. Girls who are about 5ft'3+ seem to have bfs and get guys, even tall girls who are taller than most of the guys being like 5ft'8 to 5ft'11 seem to have a taller woman than themselves or the same height. Never shorter.

i do have quite short legs and am quite a short thing in general. it makes me think that men like a girl who is same height or taller than them, and after all this media pushing this ideology it actually turns out to be like guys seem to dislike short girls altogether.

ik i shouldn't have this struggle of validation from guys and be more confident but its not just that, coz ppl are taller they are obviously more noticeable, others listen to them more etc. being short, well, people look over your head when you are piggy in the middle to talk to the other person either behind you or next to you.

do guys actually like short girls or is it just another thing TV shows and the film industry has pushed???
Reply 1
If you're an attractive girl you're not going to have much trouble regardless of height tbh. Particularly bear in mind that a lot of short guys aren't going to get much attention from girls anyway and will probably work better with shorter girls.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
in a nutshell i am a girl and between 4ft'11 and 5ft. It never really bothered me up until recently about my height, before i loved being short but now i am beginning to question it.

it makes me wonder whether guys actually like short girls. Theres this whole massive thing and whoop about guys liking short girls but i actually see it as the opposite. Girls who are about 5ft'3+ seem to have bfs and get guys, even tall girls who are taller than most of the guys being like 5ft'8 to 5ft'11 seem to have a taller woman than themselves or the same height. Never shorter.

i do have quite short legs and am quite a short thing in general. it makes me think that men like a girl who is same height or taller than them, and after all this media pushing this ideology it actually turns out to be like guys seem to dislike short girls altogether.

ik i shouldn't have this struggle of validation from guys and be more confident but its not just that, coz ppl are taller they are obviously more noticeable, others listen to them more etc. being short, well, people look over your head when you are piggy in the middle to talk to the other person either behind you or next to you.

do guys actually like short girls or is it just another thing TV shows and the film industry has pushed???

I’m 5 foot 11 my partner 5 foot 1 that’s cute :smile:
Being that height for a woman puts you below the 5th percentile for women. That means that you're shorter than more than 95% of women. Men don't like short women specifically although they are included. If men only liked short women then our population in the world and in several countries would be much less as many women are at least slightly below average to slightly above. Short = shorter. There are a very low percentage of men that want short women specifically and they're diminishing their dating pool. They also have some weird behaviors and vibes so avoid them. Most men do not care about height.

The odds of men meeting someone your height is slim. On apps most women are at least 5'2. As a short guy myself, I actually prefer women significantly shorter than the rest. I very rarely see women below 5'2 on apps. Short guys like us get rejected. Maybe try finding one as there's some similar experiences perhaps and could make a good connection. I've never had any issue with smaller women below 5 feet however they didn't like my height. Idk. As long as you aren't shallow and have a good heart I don't believe you will have any issue.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
If you're an attractive girl you're not going to have much trouble regardless of height tbh. Particularly bear in mind that a lot of short guys aren't going to get much attention from girls anyway and will probably work better with shorter girls.

I'm a short guy and I can say for sure from myself and other short men, even short women don't like us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending