The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE DT NEA 2024

Heyy so I have a slight problem haha. I'm really passionate about DT and I love it so so much (idk about it now after the nea but 😭) anyways I thought all exam boards have the same contextual challenges or themes or whatever but I was wrong sadly 😭.

Over the half term j prepared for aqa themes insted off edexcel. When I say prepaperd I mean PREPARED like I fully have a whole Pinterest board with ideas.

Anywyas the themes we got are so much harder and i have no clue what to do can anyone help please😭

They are:
Charities
Religious Celebrations
STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Maths)

I'm actually struggling and I need to have my first slide done by Friday and j haven't even picked a context yet 💀
can you provide anymore detail for the contextual challenges
Original post by SquishyBoy365
can you provide anymore detail for the contextual challenges

Suree here it is (I think this is what you mean)

Theme 1: Charaties
a) How can products be used to raise money for a charity?
b) How can products be used to promote awareness of a charity?

Theme 2: Religious Celebrations
a) How can products be used to educate people about a religious celebration?
b) How can products be used to commemorate a religious event?

Theme 3: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
a) How can products be used to encourage participation by students in STEM activities or clubs at school?
b) How can products be used to celebrate and recognise achievement in STEM activities?
my themes are climate chnage, storing personal possessions and playing games, can someone post design ideas for those
Reply 4
Same!! i’m acc so stuck on what to do
Original post by Plijhggy7uhh
my themes are climate chnage, storing personal possessions and playing games, can someone post design ideas for those

Heyy im not sure about the other 2 but for climate change ig you could make a bird house as climate change destroies habitats leaving birds homeless so a bird house provides shelter to them
Original post by doughnutsareslay
Heyy so I have a slight problem haha. I'm really passionate about DT and I love it so so much (idk about it now after the nea but 😭) anyways I thought all exam boards have the same contextual challenges or themes or whatever but I was wrong sadly 😭.

Over the half term j prepared for aqa themes insted off edexcel. When I say prepaperd I mean PREPARED like I fully have a whole Pinterest board with ideas.

Anywyas the themes we got are so much harder and i have no clue what to do can anyone help please😭

They are:
Charities
Religious Celebrations
STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Maths)

I'm actually struggling and I need to have my first slide done by Friday and j haven't even picked a context yet 💀

Doyoy have abyideas of what could make. I'm doing the same thenes as you I'm aiming fora grade 9 worthy product
Original post by Elliot123456
Doyoy have abyideas of what could make. I'm doing the same thenes as you I'm aiming fora grade 9 worthy product

heyy i dont actaully know yet but i picked charites so ill see how it goes.

yhhh that's klm

Do you know yet
Original post by Elliot123456
Do you know yet

Hey!! yep I kinda have like a few ideas so it's mainly just like a game that you can give as a gift to someone donating or just like a small toy to shown like gratitude or whatever

Quick Reply

Latest