The Student Room Group

Alevel Mocks

i’m in yr 12 and my end of year mocks are in two weeks. i haven’t been doing very well the whole year, and need at least all Bs to try and get predicted As for unis.

i haven’t been doing well at all this year, especially for biology which has always been my weakest subject and my procrastination has led me to have not revised for my mocks at all. would i be able to learn all of AS level for all my subjects in two weeks because im stressing out.

i do bio, chem, psych.

pls help me guys, and revision tips would be amazing if you have any 🙏🙏

also pls don’t judge me and my lack of revision, i’m not academically gifted like some people are and i really do want to do well and i do want to try. i’m still trying to wrap my head around Alevels, it is so so hard. motivation is at an all time low (especially when there’s time i really do try and still do bad) and with how tiring a school day is, revision just never sounds appealing, and that’s my own fault i take full responsibility for it lol
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
hey man I've winged biology all throughout sixth form (lack of help and resources from my teachers, absolutely atrocious with help) and my first exam is tomorrow gonna have to wing the paper.
im not saying don't try, but your teachers will try their best to nice you in references and predicted grades for university applications, which you have time until November-January next year to up your grades for.

revision tips once again rock bottom from me having not sat gsces but for biology I can recommend simple YouTube videos from channels like SnapRevise, Maths and Science with Primrose kitten, CGP textbook and physics and maths tutor for very undetailed notes. if you need help on a specific topic, search it up on getrevising website and have a browse. i also cannot stress enough attempt some topic questions for physics and maths tutor website! even if you don't know how to answer, looking at the mark schemes alone is valuable to gain insight on what the examiners will look for.

not sure what exam board you do, but for psychology AQA PsychBoost YouTube channel is a life saver, the textbook contains 100% of the spec you need and i would rewrite teacher ppts over and over for notes.

revision motivation, 5 minute method. sit down, set yourself a goal to do at least lets say 10 minutes of revision, even highlighting notes, because that's 10 minutes better than not at all. this will trick your brain to spiral into 10 more, and so on until you can set a goal to lets say get a whole topic done. idk if this is smth you struggle with, but set time limits on your social media apps.

don't stress too much, year 12 will be the best year of your life, but I also wish someone was able to stress the importance of studying to me back then as someone amidst a levels who is underperforming heavily. best of luck <3

Quick Reply

Latest