The Student Room Group

bad predicted grades

my predicted grades are most likely going to be ABB for my 3 alevels : maths physics and biology.

I would really like to try applying to UCL/edinburgh/kcl, for stuff like engineering/economic/physics or even law.

but this year has been really rough for me and i know this is all excuse but i am very sure i could have done better in the coming year.

my school only had one big final mock in june and through out the year especially physics we only had two tests in which i got two Bs but i got a C in the mocks…

my school probably will have another mocks in the beginning of year13 but i do not think they will give me the grades i needed : which is most likely be AAB or above.
i am really upset and anxious and lost about literally everything.

if my predicted grades end up be ACC and i do REALLY WELL in the mock in september will they turn my C to A…?

i know this really depend on the teacher but idk any thoughts ?

my maths def reached the A*s boundary

i am sorry english is not my first language so…
Reply 1
Original post by kai blanc
my predicted grades are most likely going to be ABB for my 3 alevels : maths physics and biology.

I would really like to try applying to UCL/edinburgh/kcl, for stuff like engineering/economic/physics or even law.

but this year has been really rough for me and i know this is all excuse but i am very sure i could have done better in the coming year.

my school only had one big final mock in june and through out the year especially physics we only had two tests in which i got two Bs but i got a C in the mocks…

my school probably will have another mocks in the beginning of year13 but i do not think they will give me the grades i needed : which is most likely be AAB or above.

if my predicted grades end up be ACC and i do REALLY WELL in the mock in september will they turn my C to A…?

I think that they will predict you an A if you get an A in the mock, good luck :smile: . I wish you the best :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kai blanc

You just need to prove to them u can get the grades u want, if u get an A or A* in September then you've proved it. Say you've upped your game and been working over summer, which you should if you want to go to any of those universities.
Reply 3
Original post by h6yates
You just need to prove to them u can get the grades u want, if u get an A or A* in September then you've proved it. Say you've upped your game and been working over summer, which you should if you want to go to any of those universities.

thank you for your reply!
its just my physics teacher told me today he doesn't think I will have made any difference at all after summer and told me to even if I get top grades and get offers from top uni , it will only put pressure on me for the actual alevels and i probably won't get the grades I predicted and get rejected ;/ its very discouraging lol
i am so determined to prove him wrong.
Reply 4
thank you! :smile:
Original post by _user_
I think that they will predict you an A if you get an A in the mock, good luck :smile: . I wish you the best :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest