The Student Room Group

Should I pick religion or sociology?

Hello! I am trying to finalise my Alevels options, will definitely be doing law and considering any two from philosophy/ religion/ sociology. I am currently doing RS on Christianity and Judaism for my GCSE, really enjoy it and I got 100% on my mock. I also got the chance to do some religion and ethics in my old school as I only recently moved to the UK, absolutely love it but my college next year teaches Buddism for religion which pulls me off a bit. I would like to get some opinion on these subjects and know which combination will benefit me the most if I am going to do law and have to sit lnat exam. Thank you!:smile:
Do they not teach Philosophy & Ethics as Religion or is it a course solely on Buddhism. Didn’t know that existed
Original post by gandalfslipper
Do they not teach Philosophy & Ethics as Religion or is it a course solely on Buddhism. Didn’t know that existed
They provide two different alevel courses on purely philosophy/ philosophy& ethics& religion (religion bit is buddism)!
Reply 3
Original post by arterial-homebod
Hello! I am trying to finalise my Alevels options, will definitely be doing law and considering any two from philosophy/ religion/ sociology. I am currently doing RS on Christianity and Judaism for my GCSE, really enjoy it and I got 100% on my mock. I also got the chance to do some religion and ethics in my old school as I only recently moved to the UK, absolutely love it but my college next year teaches Buddism for religion which pulls me off a bit. I would like to get some opinion on these subjects and know which combination will benefit me the most if I am going to do law and have to sit lnat exam. Thank you!:smile:

Sociology and philosophy
Reply 4
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you. :smile:
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest