The Student Room Group

Left over Bursary / Student loan

Hi there I just finished my course and I saved up quite a lot of my bursary and still have a bit of my student loan left and was wondering am I allowed to keep that money and do what I like with it and to help keep me going till I find a job, or do I need to return it as I’m completely finished studying now thank you.
Original post by Fuzee
Hi there I just finished my course and I saved up quite a lot of my bursary and still have a bit of my student loan left and was wondering am I allowed to keep that money and do what I like with it and to help keep me going till I find a job, or do I need to return it as I’m completely finished studying now thank you.

It's yours to do with as you see fit.
Original post by Fuzee

Hey there @Fuzee !
Your student finance is all yours to do whatever you want with it. However it is important to note that once you start earning over a certain amount, you have to start paying a percentage of your income back to repay your student loan. So yes you can keep it and do what you like with it but being sensible I would say don't just spend it on silly things as you will have to start paying it back eventually and it could help you out rather than just wasting it away.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending