The Student Room Group

PGCE

Ive done a 3 year undergrad degree and I want to do a masters in the future but Im thinking of doing a PGCE next year
I want to know how this works in terms of funding
I know i can get a loan for it but i dont want this loan to affect the loan for my future masters (which I will need)
I would rather not do the PGCE if it would affect me getting a loan for a future masters because I know normally you get 4 years student finance but I was wondering if this was different for teacher training
Does anybody know?
Thanks
@coracrystal

If you are planning to teach a secondary school subject, then there are bursaries available.

Unlike loans, bursaries don't need to be paid back.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 2
Original post by University of Huddersfield
@coracrystal

If you are planning to teach a secondary school subject, then there are bursaries available.

Unlike loans, bursaries don't need to be paid back.

Hope that helps,

Thanks
I was thinking that if I got the bursary I only get paid every term or something so how will I pay the tuition fee at the start of the course?
Thanks for replying
Original post by coracrystal
Thanks
I was thinking that if I got the bursary I only get paid every term or something so how will I pay the tuition fee at the start of the course?
Thanks for replying

@coracrystal

You might be able to make an arrangement with the course provider so that you can pay over a period of time.

It would be useful to get in contact with the place where you are planning to do the PGCE to see what they say.

All the best,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending