The Student Room Group

Paramedic pre registration 2 year masters funding

I am a nursing graduate looking to do a paramedic masters. I received the full student loan and nhs bursary for my nursing degree and also an overpayment which I am unable to repay yet.
I have seen that there is a masters loan available for the paramedic course, would I be eligible for this even though I haven’t repaid the overpayment from my nursing degree yet?
Also it says there is another nhs bursary available for this course? Am I eligible for that even though I received it in my nursing degree?
Also I’ve seen that if I am eligible for the nhs bursary then I’m not allowed to also have the masters loan, is this correct? If so, can I refuse the bursary as I’d much rather the masters loan as it’s over double the amount.

Thanks is advance
Hi there. Could you please confirm the full name of the course you are looking to study and university? When are you looking to start the course? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Could you please confirm the full name of the course you are looking to study and university? When are you looking to start the course? Thanks, Leah.

I don’t know yet it depends on the amount of funding I get. There only seems to be three uni’s that offer the course. West London, York and Huddersfield. And it would be 2024/25 intake I assume.
Original post by Cameronaitken
I don’t know yet it depends on the amount of funding I get. There only seems to be three uni’s that offer the course. West London, York and Huddersfield. And it would be 2024/25 intake I assume.

Okay, thanks. Certain arrears may affect your future funding, but you would need to contact our repayments department to discuss this. If you are eligible to receive a NHS bursary for a masters course, then you would not be eligible to receive a masters loan. To check eligibility for the NHS bursary would be dealt with by the NHS/University. We would not be able to confirm this at Student Finance. Thanks, Leah.
The NHS Bursary is only open to medical and dental students. Paramedic students can apply for a training grant from the NHS Learning Support Fund if they are eligible for student loans.
I can see your question has now been answered. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by normaw
The NHS Bursary is only open to medical and dental students. Paramedic students can apply for a training grant from the NHS Learning Support Fund if they are eligible for student loans.

So does that mean I can get the masters loan and the nhs learning support fund?
Original post by SFE Jason
I can see your question has now been answered. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Paramedics don't have access to the NHS Bursary, only the NHS LSF. In that case, would the OP be eligible for masters funding?
Original post by Cameronaitken
So does that mean I can get the masters loan and the nhs learning support fund?

Yes, that would be correct if you study an eligible course and not in receipt of the NHS Bursary, you'd be able to apply through us. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending